cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Hub is terrible, moving seperating modem, router and wifi boxes.

techfreaks

One Hub is terrible, moving seperating modem, router and wifi boxes.

Hey guys, so i just got business fibre 78/20 and am having major problems with the hub one, due to lack of business features, custom routing and no USB 4G backup data source for exchange server when VDSL line goes done. so i am removing the box and adding a Draytek 2760 Delight Edition, with ubiquiti AP's.
The Draytek has got a VDSL modem with well known support for the BT Infinity products and wholesale fibre, when i set the router up, the VDSL syncs and authenticates with plusnet but doesnt load pages, it just leaves a circle spinning on chrome, sometimes loads half pages, anybody used this device before?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: One Hub is terrible, moving seperating modem, router and wifi boxes.

Not used this device....my first thoughts are
1) ensure you reboot the clients after changing router
2) what about DNS, are you using a DNS server on your LAN
3) DHCP is the router a DHCP server
4) after the draytek syncs connect one computer via a lan cable directly to the router and assign a static address on its network card (in the correct subnet and using the correct gateway) set the DNS servers as the google dns servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.)
Ian
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

If you have any static ip's set check the gateway is the same 192.168.1.254.
Open a terminal/cmd and try:
ping 192.168.1.254
ping 8.8.8.8
if the first works and the second doesn't then you have a wrong gateway/route. If both fail then you are on a different network.
Do you use any special ip addresses on site (instead of 192.168.1.x) if so make sure the router is on the same network.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

One hub horrible for who and what?
As I've said before the PN standard routers are probably perfectly ok for 95% of customers who only want to connect their computer, phones and TV etc to the internet. The One hub has much faster 5G and so a worthy replacement for the Thomson routers.
There will always be the more knowledgeable users who want to do more specialized things - and for them maybe the standard router will be insufficient. Why should the vast majority subsidize these much smaller number of users.
There are plenty of higher spec routers out there to satisfy the additional features.