cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On holiday - home internet not responding - can plusnet reset?

FIXED
tonycollinet
Grafter

On holiday - home internet not responding - can plusnet reset?

Currently on holiday in USA - our home internet has stopped responding so we can’t access anything in the house. I’m not sure if it is the router that has gone down, or the fibre modem. Obviously if it is the router, not much can be done but in case it is the modem - is there any way for plusnet to initiate a remote reset?

5 REPLIES 5
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: On holiday - home internet not responding - can plusnet reset?

Do you have a neighbour, relative or a friend that could pop in?

tonycollinet
Grafter

Unfortunately not.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @tonycollinet Our logs are showing your connection dropping regularly and line tests can see your speeds running slow at around 9mbps as a result. I've reset your line to try to improve your speeds which has momentarily dropped your connection, although this likely won't make your connection anymore stable: 

Don't think there's much you'd be able to do until you're home I'm afraid as I'd recommend going through the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net completing the process to raise a fault to us to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tonycollinet
Grafter

HI Gandalf

Thanks for your reply.

Back home now. All that was required was a modem and router reset. Regarding the drop outs - are you sure that is my account? The reason I ask is my speed test shows maxumum speed, and always does - while you say above that it has dropped to 9mb/s

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 07.04.46.jpg

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Fix

Hi @tonycollinet,

Apologies as it does look my colleague was testing a different account.

I have tested your connection and it is running at 79.9Mbps with a pretty stable line of 2 disconnections in the past 50 days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team