cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Fibre, should I have the Plusnet Hub One or the 2740dn router ?

FIXED
gooner77
Grafter

On Fibre, should I have the Plusnet Hub One or the 2740dn router ?

I have had fibre for a number of years and have recently had multiple issues. I asked for a new router expecting to be sent a Plus Net Hub One. To my horror I discover I have been sent the 2470DN which appears to be quite unsuitable for anything above basic broadband access and has lots of terrible reviews. I mostly use the service for gaming and yet the router is not even dual band and has very basic settings and options

As a fibre customer paying for a premium service shouldn't I have the Plus net hub one ?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: On Fibre, should I have the Plusnet Hub One or the 2740dn router ?

Fix

It looks like my colleague sent out the wrong router as they have even managed to send the ADSL variant of the 2704. I'll get a Hub One dispatched to you and a returns bag for the other router sent too.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gooner77
Grafter

Thanks. I've had texts on my phone confirming the PlusOneHub is being sent

Just an observation but Plusnet staff seem to be unaware that I'm on Fibre in my dealings with them. When I moved house last year I had to keep reminding them that I'm on Unlimited fibre. They originally quoted the wrong speeds and fee's etc

Otherwise its all good

gooner77
Grafter

Hi I received both routers from Royal Mail this morning. Is the returns bag still on the way ?

I'll send the 2740dn router back as soon as I get that

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I ordered the returns bag at the same time, if it doesn't arrive I wouldn't worry too much about Wink

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.