cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Fibre Unlimited broadband, speed is only 20-30Mb

b936

On Fibre Unlimited broadband, speed is only 20-30Mb

Hi

I've recently made the switch (about a month or 2) from Bt to Plusnet and i took the Unlimited Fibre broadband package. Since a couple of weeks my speed has dropped considerably to an average of 20-30mb. Just did a speedtest and i'm on 23mb. This makes it hard to stream anything or do anything cause it keeps buffering. 

Would it be possible to look into this please? 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: On Fibre Unlimited broadband, speed is only 20-30Mb

Hi there, 

Can you let us know if those speeds were achieved over a wireless or a wired connection?

Also can you send me a PM with your username please (just to help identify your account)

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
b936

Hi

It's a wired connection. I've send you a pm with more information. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just did a speedtest and i'm on 23mb. This makes it hard to stream anything or do anything cause it keeps buffering. 

23Mb/s should be enough to stream without buffering, however that speed is still below where we'd expect for your line.

Testing your line is showing the router is connected back to the exchange at 73.6Mb/s, which looks more like it.

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi again and thanks for trying what you can, 

Line tests are showing me that there's a known issue in your area (major service fault)  which is affecting multiple lines. They are expecting to have that resolved by approximately midday tomorrow. 

Sorry for any inconvenience and do let us know if the problems continue after then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
b936

Hi

Thank you for your quick reply and help !

I'll run a speedtest tomorrow evening to see if it's still slow or not.

Edit : tested twice this evening. One time it was 18mb and now it's 3.3, it's really slow at the moment .

I ran the test on the website that you provided