cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old provider been in touch stating old account still active & I/Plusnet did not inform them?!

FIXED
ant0
Dabbler

Old provider been in touch stating old account still active & I/Plusnet did not inform them?!

Hi,

Latest in my ongoing saga of Plusnet problems after going live a few days ago... I signed up on 16 December 2020 and the switch/new service went live with them on 30th December 2020.

The Plusnet site state that unless with Virgin, they will handle the switch and inform my old provider of the switch and cancellation of the old account.

However this morning I received an email from my old provider John Lewis asking why I'd cancelled my direct debit (done yesterday to be safe) and that I was to setup a new payment method - so it seem they have no idea I've left?Huh

Can anyone shed some light on if I am correct in thinking that Plusnet was meant to handle this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Old provider been in touch stating old account still active & I/Plusnet did not inform them?

@ant0 

Maybe they’ve screwed it up. As JL broadband is run by Plusnet all sorts of things can arise.

On the other hand accounts are normally left open until any final charges are settled. For example you might get extra charges or a refund depending how the changeover date aligned with your billing period etc.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Re: Old provider been in touch stating old account still active & I/Plusnet did not inform them?!

Fix

Hi @ant0,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourself.  I have left a ticket on your account responding to your query, the link for the ticket can be found here

If you need anything else just let us know.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
ant0
Dabbler

Re: Old provider been in touch stating old account still active & I/Plusnet did not inform them?

Thanks, emails now received confirming old JL account closed.