cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline since last week - Poor communication

hayyan
Dabbler

Offline since last week - Poor communication

We have been offline - orange light flashing since last week. I was told it was an external fault without any further explanation. Each time I have checked told to wait. Waited and waited...

Was told should expect a resolve by 6pm today.

Was then told by midnight tonight.....

Frustrated at the lack of communication/explanation and what seems a dragged out attempt at resolving the issue.

I had issues when we were installed here in February and it seems a re run this time.

Throw in an overbilling issue in between...

Sadly Plusnet have yet to convince me why I should stay at the end of this contract period.

10 REPLIES 10
Angelcat56

Re: Offline since last week - Poor communication

Dont stay ! I was assured my service would be connected on 11/10 now it seems this will be sometime in November!! I paid a years service on25/9 took day off work on original engineer date .. four hours of phone call !! Escalating to try and speak to a manager to resolve !! Get them to commit to promise / contract... nothing!! I received an email yesterday that I can’t respond to advising November if I’m
Lucky ... wish
Me luck getting my money back
hayyan
Dabbler

Sorry to hear

I had to wait in 4 morning appointments (including one that ran over into pm) when we moved into our current address:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Move-problems/m-p/1612027

Seems like round circle back to square one.
hayyan
Dabbler

Had to call myself this morning to make sure something was done. No update as I suspected....

1 hour after my call received an email that it's in BT Openreach work stack and wait a further 48 hours for an update...

That will be 1 whole week since we first reported this issue to Plusnet.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @hayyan, sorry to hear you feel this way and for the inconvenience this is causing.

The fault detected was an an external fault which was then reported for our suppliers to look into on 10/10/2019, an email was sent to you to advise you of the estimated response time that was given to us by our suppliers which was to be resolved by 14/10/2019 23:59 however, this was only an estimate, as it could be resolved sooner or later. The fault ticket was then placed on hold with the Faults team to look into once the engineers have been to fix the fault.

I appreciate your concerns regarding the lack of updates however we couldn't have given you further updates before the estimated response time had passed.

The latest update we received today as you know that the reason it wasn't fixed by 14th October is that your fault is part of a common fault in the area that our suppliers are trying to fix and the new estimated response time is 16/10/2019 by 23:59

Your fault is still with the faults team and rest assured they will get back in touch with you once we get updated by our suppliers.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
hayyan
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the reply - about 2hrs left before the newest estimated response time.

No update yet so I'll be looking for a new response time tomorrow morning.....

Can't wait for the end of the contract period
hayyan
Dabbler

Perhaps someone from Plusnet could kindly explain what this common fault is and how many other of its customers like us our suffering?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @hayyan

I'm really sorry that this is taking longer to resolve than either of us anticipated.

I can see that our faults team are continuing to chase this for you via your open fault ticket here and that the next update is due tomorrow.

In terms of the specifics of the fault, we wouldn't get visibility of the exact nature of the issue, but common faults usually relate to exchange equipment and/or cabinet equipment.

Best wishes

Dave

hayyan
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the reply. A BT Openreach engineer tried to contact me this morning by phone. Thankfully I was home at the time when he knocked.

Nobody on the Plusnet Team told me when he might be attempting to fix the problem and that it would be useful for me to be home at that time.......

I was just told its an external problem and it would be looked at externally.

It was very worthwhile me being in as he was able to come in and check things at the master socket.

I also found out I'm routed to a distant cabinet despite 2 being quite close to my house.

He did fix it and I have been online for about the last 15mins or so.

I have been offline since before midday Wednesday 09th October 2019 when I reported the issue.

Hopefully Plusnet will look into reasonably recompense for that length of time and I won't have to chase them on that.

But I'm not holding my breath.

It's been a very poor customer relations experience for this end user
hayyan
Dabbler

I ran a speed test and seems like the connection is slow.

I looked in my account area on the Plusnet website and I can't find details of minimum guarantee line speed it just says Not available?

Minimum Guaranteed Speed: Not available
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just updated the speed profile on your account and have opened a ticket for you covering the line estimates and adjustments to billing due to the recent fault here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=195314843 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team