cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd ping issues

NoZephy
Rising Star

Odd ping issues

I've been trying to play TERA, run by the notorious GameForge which operate in Germany and recently I've had weird lag issues while in-game.
I've used PingPlotter to get a route to the server and after taking specific note of hop 10 (vl16.gf-txx.as47195.net) there seems to be quite a jump in latency.
I'm not sure if this is actually a local problem to do with my exchange or line specifically but that's why I'm asking on here, this sort of issue doesn't happen with any other application or service and it's just happening to me with any game that is associated with Gameforge. The route remains the same even with some of the other titles they publish like Aion.
Can a staff member check my line out for me? I tried hopping gateways from BNG01 to AG03 and while my pings seemed to have dropped from 20ms to 17ms, the spikes are still happening.

Just thought it might be of note but after searching google for vl16.gf-txx.as47195.net, I found a few people with similar lag issues which contained the same server in their routes.
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Odd ping issues

Our tests aren't showing any issues with the line.
Based on the information you've provided it sounds like it could be GameForge's end especially if others are seeing the same issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team