cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd behaviour - a few web sites, a few devices, Plus Net connections

Eserim
Rising Star

Odd behaviour - a few web sites, a few devices, Plus Net connections

OK, so my phone is a Galaxy A3 2015, running stock MM, Plus net FTTC and a TP Link Router with latest firmware.

One of the thes site is the UK Huffpost site. (m.huffpost.com/uk)

If I clear all the Chrome data it works once. Then fauils with ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. If I load any other browser, it too wil work once (without having to clear Chrome data) then fail. 

This is ONLY on my home network using a TP-Link Archer C2 router - Mobile network and other routers are fine - HOWEVER I have this issue at my mother-in-law's, who is also a Plus Net customer (old school ADSL)

If I use any other device on this router it too is fine.

What is going on? What "data" am I clearing in Chrome on the phone that makes it work again for other browsers (if this was a PC I would flush my DNS, but I don't think that is it here)

So, as a common factor is Plus Net network I am posting here, to see if anyone has any ideas?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Odd behaviour - a few web sites, a few devices, Plus Net connections

That certainly sounds odd and with it only happening on one device, would suggest that device is the issue really. Have you tried the Galaxy help forums on that error?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Eserim
Rising Star

Re: Odd behaviour - a few web sites, a few devices, Plus Net connections

I did post to xda but nothing. However I have installed custom lineage is and it works, although the huffpost site is now failing to recognize browser agent and always presents desktop site.