Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd TBB test ?

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Odd TBB test ?

Useful to know. The bit that really puzzles me is the speed has changed. It was 1mb/sec for the whole test, yours when they drop are being consistent on speed each time but 'only' x8 slower than max. So something that is causing he restriction has started restricting less, it's weird.
davenos
Rising Star

Well since my line as reset and my IP address was been showing as down south the results of the speedtests where better and the 1x inconsistencies stopped being as frequent, i was getting only one or two a day coupled with the odd x6 slow tests, however over the last week or so its started to get worse and the peak time slow downs have started to creep back in.

Lat night i had a resync and my IP address is now showing as being in Scotland and the x1 tests inaccuracies are back with a vengeance and so is the slowdowns(my current throughput is just 21mbps).

Seeing as i've been told that Plusnet will do nothing about it im sending in a complaint to Ofcom and the communications ombudsman as the service is atrocious and the customer support even worse.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@davenos as  i've been told that Plusnet will do nothing about it  Huh  where did you see this 

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
davenos
Rising Star

@rongtw I raised a complaint over the slowdowns and other failings of the service on December the 7th and the last reply i had stated this "The product specification for fibre connections are set by our suppliers and we are not able pass the fault to them if the throughput of the line is higher than 30Mb/s, which in your case the achievable speed is proven to be in excess of the threshold rate." Now given that my throughput at peak times is anywhere from 4mbps to 21mbps(i have provided proof of this over several days) it makes the comment from Plusnet pointless especially given they don't test throughput and only test sync speed.

They ended the reply with this statement,

"Our products are not advertised as, and should be used as leased line products where the line speed or throughput is guaranteed, and I am sure that the speed achieved on all of the test results provided will not limit your internet experience in any way.", again they completely miss the point, the sync speed is not and never has been an issue, the throughput at peak times is an issue and does effect anything other than basic browsing, but they are ignoring that and fixating on the sync speed where they will find no issue.

MrSilver
Pro

I'm guessing someone in Scotland had that ip Rather than it going via Scotland.

If your speed is below the break threshold pnet will raise a fault, what does the BTw Speedtest show on test2? Do that and test3 and plusnet use that I. Their diagnostics.

I know this as I was synced at 78 got 20mb and they raised a fault. Problem was hit svlan so btw moved me and all good again.

If it's in the speed range plusnet won't be able to raise a fault as btw won't accept it.
davenos
Rising Star

@MrSilver I would run the test if i wasn't still getting the error that has been present for well over a month, and only recently has a member of staff from the forum offered to look into it for me(and even then he said it can take weeks), none of the support staff i have spoke to via the ticket system offered despite me asking them to on several occasions.

The initial test runs fine and as of a minute or two ago was reporting the following Download speed 16.63mbps, Upload speed 5.78mbps and ping 33.88ms.

As you can see that is well below the speed they quote before they can send the fault to the supplier, and even with the info i've provided with regards to throughput i still got the reply that i posted above.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I'm guessing someone in Scotland had that ip Rather than it going via Scotland.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I've been on the same, fixed IP, for years - sometimes Speedtest CLI shows a different IP address in the "Testing from Plusnet (x.x.x.x)" line , also geographically my IP address randomly moves between somewhere in the centre of London, somewhere in Sheffield and somewhere in Bolton..... Today I seem to be in Settle!

davenos
Rising Star

I've also noticed that my IP address is back to reporting as being BT(as it was during the previous series of issues), during the more stable period it was reporting as Plusnet that is surely not a coincidence.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

well it looks as if Zen has fixed this , anything from PN ?Huh

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/4526607-poor-single-thread-performance-fixed-thank-you-zen.html...

MrSilver
Pro

Looks a different issue? Very first post in this thread and tests replicated shows a 70x speed difference on single vs six thread download.

This guy had a x3 speed difference "it was only downloading at around 3 MB/s, but when I downloaded it again a moment ago (post exchange work) it zipped along at 8.5MB/s."

Not sure what exchange work zen can do (or any isp) so would be interesting if pn have any zen contacts, but not sure it will solve the original problem of extreme x70 slower single thread tests
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

well its still here Sad tbb.PNG

MrSilver
Pro

@rongtw wrote:

well its still here Sad

Thats quite different to the issue though. here you have something running half the speed of the x6, not 70 times slower! There is an issue there as shouldn't be such a gap, but not sure anyone has posted the original problem still happening?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yes @MrSilver its not a different issue , although it may not be as bad as a few i had posted BUT it shows there still is something wrong somewhere 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@MrSilver well what can you say Sad  trying to watch BBC news

today.PNG

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Well sat in car , watching son football
On radio advert for PN , allegedly there is a Norwegion called Helpy Helpeson 😀
Wonder where PN employ him 😉