cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oakham capacity problems return after nearly a year.

LenAsh
Grafter

Oakham capacity problems return after nearly a year.

Had major issues around this time last year. This was due to massive congestion in our area. Eventually, after so much messing around, BT owned up to a capacity issue and fixed it. Properly.
Here is the original thread from then; http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130416.0.html
And now the same problem has gradually returned - to the point where everything grinds to a halt in the evenings.
Clearly, BT/PN don't monitor their own performance.
More capacity please...
6 REPLIES 6
biglee1974
Grafter

Re: Oakham capacity problems return after nearly a year.

Exactly the same at my local exchange. Went to pot last November, BT rebalanced, and has been getting worse for the past 2 months, leading up to this point...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141836.0.html
40Mbs down to 0.7Mbs in peak hours.
I raised the fault one month ago. We know the problem is the exchange (other plusnet users on the same exchange are now complaining). Plusnet want to send out an engineer to me house. Helllloooo, waste of time that one.
In short, BT will do nothing that costs them money until enough folk kick up a stink.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@LenAsh
There's a couple of amber VP's at your exchange which you could well be connected on.
If you can raise a fault we'll look into it.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LenAsh
Grafter

So, I've clicked that link and it immediately says that the fault has been logged - is that true?Huh
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It shouldn't be doing that.
I'll pass it through to the right people manually.
Leave it with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LenAsh
Grafter

Hi Matthew
Re; Question #107963858 - thanks for raising this on my behalf.
However, I'm REALLY cheesed off that I have had the  "do all these tests please" stock answer. Again.
Anyone in PN that cares to look back at my history over the past 12 months or so will quickly realise that this issue has nothing to do with anything other than Uppigham/Oakham congestion or capacity.
Therefore, I'm not going to perform all the tests again and would suggest that someone in PN investigates the actual issue.
Thanks
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi LenAsh,
Appreciate the point that you're making. However, my colleague actually checked with BT on the exchange issues and found that you're not actually on a hot VP at the moment. That will have been why you've received the stock answer.
I have sent the fault back to the same team to progress things further for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet