cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not the best start with PN

gkf9
Grafter

Not the best start with PN

Had fibre and phone installed today, all went well, went from 3mb to 33mb so was happy, engineer left, then later the wife said she tried ringing me on landline but didn't get an answer.
Phones not ringing thats why I didn't answer everytime I ring out I get a cross line, no one can ring in.
Now my fibre as gone back to 3mb, there's a fault on the line something about DIS? so I'm having to wait 1-3 days now, hopefully it will get resolved.
11 REPLIES 11
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Not the best start with PN

I'm guessing it wasn't an open reach engineer that installed your Fibre service ?  they are supposed to test everything works before leaving but many of the third party Engineers from the like of Kellys don't bother they just stick the modem on the wall connect to the master socket then go.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
I can see our suppliers are investigating this and we'll try to get it resolved as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gkf9
Grafter

Quote from: Terranova667
I'm guessing it wasn't an open reach engineer that installed your Fibre service ?  they are supposed to test everything works before leaving but many of the third party Engineers from the like of Kellys don't bother they just stick the modem on the wall connect to the master socket then go.

It was a BT engineer, and he said he had checked it so thought nothing more of it.
My fibre is also all over the place, sometimes I'm getting 32 ish MB down then sometimes back to 3mb is this to do with the fault?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It could well be caused by the fault but we won't know for certain until it's been fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gkf9
Grafter

Will I get a notification when the fault is fixed?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our suppliers have given a estimated response time of by today so it should be resolved by today.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gkf9
Grafter

Ok thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've been informed that the phone fault should be resolved. Can you let us know if it's still having problems so we can push this back,.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gkf9
Grafter

Ok will let you know when I get home to try it out.
gkf9
Grafter

Phones up and running, will keep an eye on the fibre, seem to be getting just under 30mb atm, was estimated 33 ish so can't complain.
Hopefully it will settle down and be stable.
Thanks for your help.
AndyT
Grafter

Thanks gkf9, glad it's sorted and sorry for the problems caused there. 
Feel free to update if you experience any further issues with the speeds.