cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving fibre service I signed upto.

Cauldron76

Not receiving fibre service I signed upto.

I am having terrible trouble with my internet service.  I signed up to fibre unlimited with service of a minimum 70-72meg download and 17-18meg upload.  I have just done a BT warehouse speed check and my results areshown below.  What can be done to sort this?  

2 REPLIES 2
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Not receiving fibre service I signed upto.

Please do the Further Diagnostics on BT wholesale test. This will give more information useful to finding problems.
That's RPM to you!!
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Not receiving fibre service I signed upto.

Hi there @Cauldron76

I can see you got in touch with one of our technical team yesterday and reported a fault.

The testing is returning with the message 'impairment in copper joint detected' effectively meaning that there's a cabling issue somewhere in the circuit. 

Our suppliers will wish to arrange an engineer to investigate further, but before we do so we'll need you to perform some troubleshooting to rule out any issues with your internal wiring.

I've forwarded the ticket via your account with further steps. Once you've done them, can you get back to us to let us know and we'll retest your line. If there's still an issue, we'll then look towards arranging an engineer visit.