Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with Fibre speed

Theldron
Dabbler

Not happy with Fibre speed

Hi all,

Signed up to a new contract with Plusnet after moving house, where I was able to get Fibre.  I signed up to Unlimited Fibre and I was told I will be able to get around 20Mbps.  We had to have a new BT socket installed on the day we moved.

I moved around 3 weeks ago and the speed has not got passed 11Mbps.  I am not happy about the speed.  I have run BT wholesale tests and the IP profile is 15Mbps but I still think we should be able to get even slightly more.

I have followed the Plusnet guide and ran tests, but have not come up with anything.

I live in an estate just on the edge of a small town in Gloucestershire.

BT Further Diags - 20-04-2018.PNGBT Speed Test - 20-04-2018.PNGPlusNet Speedtest - 20-04-2018.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Not happy with Fibre speed

Hi @Theldron, after looking into this for you it seems that when the house move order was placed, you were incorrectly placed onto ADSL.

I have now placed the order to move your service to Fibre and we will confirm the go live date shortly. You can view the ticket I have created regarding this, here.

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Theldron
Dabbler

Hi Lauren,

Any updates on this?

Many thanks

Sean

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

I've just added an update to the support ticket on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team