cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy after visit and now speeds lower

nigel1971
Grafter

Re: Not happy after visit and now speeds lower

real issues trying to flash this modem, i cant get the interface up on this hg216, do you also need the router connected too as the instructions are not clear.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have you downloaded the version with the webgui?  There are three firmwares in the B030SP08 folder - Original, Unlocked (no GUI!) and Webgui. The latter is unlocked and has the GUI enabled.
Follow the instructions here.  It shouldn't matter if the router is connected but there's no harm in disconnecting it while you flash the device.
If you want to access the stats from the modem you'll need to plug LAN2* into a LAN port on your network as well as LAN1 into the WAN port of your router.
HTH
*You may or may not need to change the LAN2 IP address depending on your network config.
nigel1971
Grafter

It's done now and have SP08 on the modem the stats shows
Line Status
Upstream 19001
Downstream 63773 (approx 17meg up and 58meg down)
Attainable rate
Downstream: 97488
Upstream: 26000
SNR: down 10.6 Up 9.3
nigel1971
Grafter

Lost connection throughput during the early hours and no my speed is down to 50meg, i have updated the ticket and thinking of pulling out early to find another isp, i am not going on the 40meg package either.
I am not happy.  Cry
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see you've passed the issue back to our Faults team.
We'll get that chased up as soon as possible for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ericgripp
Grafter

Quote from: nigel1971
It's done now and have SP08 on the modem the stats shows
Line Status
Upstream 19001
Downstream 63773 (approx 17meg up and 58meg down)
Attainable rate
Downstream: 97488
Upstream: 26000
SNR: down 10.6 Up 9.3

Hi Nigel,
Sorry been away with bank hols but if G.INP is on the line then you will see something like
INP (DMT symbol) 46.00 47.00
I notice on the 6th you replaced the firmware, so you need to allow at least 24 hours, and as modem/router resyncs/updates only happen overnight between 2 and 5 am, then I suspect it may be tonight it will fully activate G.INP if its not showing already ? what are the current sync rates ? also first morning I found the line had corrected itself, speedtests were coming through at 60 meg despit full 79.9 sync. Had to call plusnet to get them to correct it. Don't give up yet Smiley your figures from yesterday are what I saw from a line that in my case had G.INP active, but until the overnight update/resync the line had defaulted to stupid levels of interleaving (was in region of 1200+ interleaving)
nigel1971
Grafter

I don't think G.INP is activated on my line or cabinet as far as i'm aware, i'm guessing my snr is now at 12 due to another speed drop. BT speed test shows i should get between 40-53meg speed on current sync but it still shows i'm on 20 up but actual speed is around 12.
Just wish i could get back to normal with this but it seems a few of you are getting frustrated with it. I knew i lost connection as the yellow triangle on my task bar came up with the message limited or no connectivity, it did come back on later this morning shortly after a router reset but that took 15mins to come back online, there was no dsl green light on the modem either when i checked router at same time.
CS said it could take 10days for the line to creep back up as it seems to me DLM is watching it but not going the right direction.
ericgripp
Grafter

Hey nigel,
At least you know you have the right modem/firmware on the line. So as and when the line/cab does pick up that you have compatible G.INP modem, then once that kicks in it should also correct any DLM. Can you tell if interleaving is on the line and if so what level it is at ?
nigel1971
Grafter

I don't know if it is or not, maybe a member of the staff can tell me.
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: nigel1971
CS said it could take 10days for the line to creep back up .

Why do they keep hammering this myth to end users? there is no 10 day period with FTTC  if DLM has applied interleave ect, this can take anything from 2 days to 2 weeks,sometimes longer before it will reverse changes , it's all dependant of error counts SNR fluctuations and  number of disconnections , now that you have an unlocked hg612 why don't you download one of the monitoring programs  that harvest the full modem stats and take full advantage of it ?
the software is available via the kitz forum
nigel1971
Grafter

So i got a resync at 5am and it seems i'll get one every 24hrs but it hasn't adjusted my speed up and gone even lower still, at this rate i'll be on bloody dial up  Angry

nigel1971
Grafter

So far tonight 4 dropouts since 8.50pm and another now forcing me to restart the router., the profile has me on a high snr but yet plusnet cannot keep me connected online Fuming  Angry Angry
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see our Faults team have tested your line this morning and they've found a external fault in the local network.
As soon as we know more we'll update you further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nigel1971
Grafter

Well seems DLM has changed the profile a little and showing back up to 63mbps on bt wholesale speed test but it hasn't physically changed my speed as i'm still stuck on 52/12. Ping has come down a little at around 23ms from 30ms, ok it's going in the right direction but still issues somewhere.
BT supposed to contact me tomorrow as the problem lies external to my property.
tman247
Grafter

Had this issue for months now myself too Original installation was showing an 'easy' 76/20 on the engineer kit, and the profile was working fine for ages like this. We then had a problem last year, and the engineer came out, fixed it, and ever since, my profile has been 58/20. No reason for it dropping other than it's set somewhere and has got locked because of the fault.
What's the best way of getting the profile kicked back into line?