cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting my minimum speed guarantee despite resync improvement

oneinnit
Hooked

Not getting my minimum speed guarantee despite resync improvement

For the past three weeks, my router has been stuck syncing below the minimum guaranteed speed I was promised when I joined plus.net.

Today I rebooted the router and now its syncing at 69192 Kbps, which is pretty close to where they were with my last provider,  but my speed tests are exactly the same as when my line was syncing at 51200.

I've tested over both wireless using laptops, desktop and computer, and computers connected directly to the router via ethernet. All of them show speedtests around 46.34mb which is basically exactly what I was getting before today's router reboot and resync.

Is there something on your end that might be stuck and need uplifting to bring me to the line speed I'm synced at?

Here are the speeds my router shows me connected at:

Downstream: 69192
Upstream: 20000

BTW: I only get around 16mb upstream too in all tests and not the full upload speed.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not getting my minimum speed guarantee despite resync improvement

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

It looks like there's a potential capacity issue at your exchange which would be causing your slow throughput. Our suppliers have advised additional infrastructure is required and estimated to be installed on the 30th March.

However, they're investigating further to see if your circuit can be moved onto a different part of their network which might be experiencing less utilisation. We should know more within 72 hours and our faults team will keep you updated here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oneinnit
Hooked

Thanks for jumping on this issue so quickly for me with an explanation. I'll await further updates to the support ticket in due course.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all. Fingers crossed we find a quick fix.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet