cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting expected speeds (long time customer, upgraded service)

stevenbarbour

Not getting expected speeds (long time customer, upgraded service)

Hi,

on Monday 10th August, I extended my contract and upgraded service to 47-67Mbps Fibre. Because I had an old technicolour router, I was to be sent a new hub one too.

Testing my speed before the upgrade, I'd normally get 36Mbps maximum, whether wired or wireless. I noticed that this had not changed so called up a couple of days ago, and was told this was because they'd forgotten to send my new router (I thought I'd get the new speed without the new router, the old one should have supported it).

Today, I received the new hub one. I've got it installed, and my speed is still a maximum of 36Mbps, wired or wireless. It seems identical to my old service with the old router in every way.

Any advice (I've tried to call a couple of time today but cannot get through).

Thanks,

Steven

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Not getting expected speeds (long time customer, upgraded service)

Is your line capable of supporting higher speeds?

Enter your number in the DSL Checker making sure you hide the actual number:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Then go to the Advanced/Troubleshooting/HelpDesk tab on the Hub 1, and post that - it will show your connection speeds and will show if the upgrade has gone through.

stevenbarbour

Hi,

thanks for replying. I have attached that info on an image file.

Thanks,

Steven

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Well your line is capable of the maximum VSL speeds, but the router is showing your are still on the 40/10 basic fibre product and the attainable speeds show you won't get a big increase anyway.

The latter is likely to be due to your wiring - do you have a filtered master socket?

Have your tried the test socket, visible when you remove the two screws on the master socket?

Edit - another possibility is a nosey line - dial 17070 option 2 - is the line quiet?

stevenbarbour

Thanks again for replying. If I'm still on the basic production, hopefully a member of staff will see this and rectify the issue (I've had no reply to the last couple of tickets I left so not sure if that will be progressed, and on the phone 2 days ago I was told I was on the new package. And have not been able to get through today at all).

For the other issues you mention, I will look into those today or tomorrow when I get a chance and report back, thank you for your time!

Thanks,

Steven