cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not achieving the download speed I should be achieving

FIXED
andywilde

Not achieving the download speed I should be achieving

I am on the Plusnet Fibre Extra Unlimited (80/20) product and am experiencing slower speedtest results than my sync speed with the exchange.  I have had BT Openreach engineers out on Wednesday as part of the ongoing fault open with PlusNet who identified an issue with the underground cables, termination in the grey box outside the house and the master socket in the property.

All the work the OR engineers completed increased the sync speed from 30Mbps to 68Mbps but when I performed a speedtest (they no longer carry laptops to run the tests themselves) I am only getting 27Mbps downstream and 16Mbps upstream.  The OR engineers suggested that I maybe on the wrong profile at Plusnet's end or the profile has gotten stuck and needs to be reset so that I achieve the correct speeds at the laptop wired to my router with WiFi turned off and all other connections removed.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Not achieving the download speed I should be achieving

Fix

Hi @andywilde,

I'm sorry to hear that your throughput speed is still low following the engineer visit. As you're on a static IP address, it could be the case that the connection profile on the account was restricting the speed. I can see that one of my colleagues in the faults team has adjusted the connection profile now. Please reboot your router and let us know whether you continue to experience poor speeds.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
andywilde

Thanks Emily, I will reboot my router and advise accordingly

andywilde

That appears to have resolved the issue I am now getting 58Mbps down and 17Mbps up on a speedtest

Thanks for that.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to see that's resolved it. Thanks very much for letting us know. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
janedoig

My speed has dropped to 8.7 and my land line phone is not working help please

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @janedoig

I've just been running diagnostics and we've picked up on potential fault with the line. I've just reported it with our suppliers and have added an update to your account. Here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187312254 - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team