cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good start

garytc78

Not a good start

Just wanted to share some feedback with my new connection to plus net.
When I signed up I was originally given an installation date of 25th march so I waited until a couple of days before
and decided to ring plusnet and ask when I'd be seeing the engineer only to be told they'd been trying to
contact me about said installation.
I told them that I had not recieved a single email apart from the welcome one when I signed up so I knew they
had the correct address, so I was told I had to contact talktalk and get the hold taken of my line which I did and it
took 5 mins.
So rings plusnet again to arrange the install and I was told I'd have to wait a further 2 weeks  Angry not happy
but I thought I'd give them one last chance.
So everything went well had the line installed onthe 10th april and I was told to expect 30mb  Smiley happy days
but guess what I'm only getting between 17 - 21mb thats nearly 50% less so I have one question,
do I give them one last chance to rectify this or do I go to another provider?
2 REPLIES 2
AndyT
Grafter

Re: Not a good start

Hi,
I'm sorry about the problems you experienced at the start of your time with us and I'm pleased to see that the connection is now up and running.  I've run some tests on your circuit this morning and I'm unable to find any particular possible cause of the slow throughput speeds you are experiencing.  According to my testing, the connection is stable and you should be experiencing speeds closer to 35Mbps.  Have you been running the speed tests over a wireless connection?  If so, would you be able to retest using an Ethernet cable so we can determine whether a weaker wireless signal is causing the issue.
Thanks
garytc78

Re: Not a good start

OK so it seems my broadband is behaving at the moment but only if I'm sat in the same room so it looks like the speed deteriorates quite a bit if you move out of the room.
I'm still very unhappy about the poor communication prior to my installation but hopefully somebody might be able to help me out on that.