cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal for 1 hour+ wait times? And being sold a package at a higher price than the advertised rate?

FIXED
Zerinth
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Normal for 1 hour+ wait times? And being sold a package at a higher price than the advertised rate?

Hi,

Today is the day my line is due to be switched from standard broadband to fibre broadband 40/2

Unfortunately my dl speed is still the same 10.6mbps approx.  The upload speed has been changed and works (i got an email to notify me of this)

I understand that it may take a few days for the line, when changed over, to sort itself (took 12 days from ordering)

so thats ok.

Of bigger concern is that it appears that i was given a deal by an agent over the phone which is more expensive than the standard advertised rate.

I could be wrong however:  i was given a deal of £11 + £16.99 a month 18 month contract.  But if you look at the main plusnet page the advertised rate for fibre unlimited is £5 for 6 mnths then £14.99 which uhhmm is cheaper.  If this is legit i'm sorry to say i would not have went ahead with the order.   I dont accept that loyal customers are given worse deals than new customers.  If thats the way it is..then you are effectively paying not to keep your customers plusnet.

Anyway..im on here because i have to now hang up the phone and get some dinner as i cant wait on the phone any longer...1 hour wait.

thanks for any help Smiley

2 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 161

Re: Normal for 1 hour+ wait times? And being sold a package at a higher price than the advertised ra

Fix

Sorry to hear you aren't happy with the deal offered but you're actually saving more in the long run with the deal you've agreed.

With regards to the speeds I've made some changes which should sort this. Can you test it in the next 15 minutes?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Zerinth
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Normal for 1 hour+ wait times? And being sold a package at a higher price than the advertised ra

How am i saving more in the long run ? Sad   

1 year current deal £132 + line rental

1 year new customers (?) deal on plusnet website £119.94 + line rental

Whoops ok over 18 months i save £13  hrmm ok. 

EDIT:   After a bit more calculating...ok its a smidgeon cheaper (all costs included) than sky fibre  so uhh good job Cheesy

But good news is whatever you did (hit the on button maybe Wink ) seems to have sorted the speed as my DL are now at 36.42mbps thanks Smiley