cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non start up

NeilMcEachran
Hooked

Re: Non start up

Possibly a misunderstanding on my part, I think due to neighbours having cable installed to their house when they upgraded to fibre internet.  I have just read about the difference between FTTC and FTTH and am better educated now!  I think...

NeilMcEachran
Hooked

@Chris wrote:

@NeilMcEachran wrote:

I got an email this morning saying "Your broadband product change is now complete", and my account has moved to "Unlimited Fibre"

Your package on our system has changed in preparation for the order completing. This is due for the 16th September.

This would all be excellent, if anyone had actually turned up to install the fibre, or contacted me to arrange to install the fibre.

Can I ask where we've advised an engineer will be coming? Fibre activations are self-install, so once the order completes you should just plug the new router in and be good to go.

If my system is due to change in eleven days time from now, why send me an email to say it's changed now?

markrbalcombe
Grafter

So if you get this second Email - I got one today

Dear Mr Balcombe,

Account username: [Removed]

The order we placed to change your upload speed has completed.

Your upload speed is now 2Mbit/s.

It's NOT true and just like the first one which is...........

Your call plan is changing

As requested, your call plan is changing.

•  New call plan: Line Only with Mobile
•  New contract period: Monthly

This change will happen on 04/09/2016.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Apparently the middle man and I guess, step forward, its Open Reach never does what it's customers want too.

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Just an update on this. PlusNet sent me a text questionnaire. Marks out of 3 etc. At the moment I still do not have fibre. This is a switch of the button at the (take a wild guess ) Open Reach end and why should I give anything but low marks when my first Email said the Fibre would be:

Your call plan is changing

As requested, your call plan is changing.

•  New call plan: Line Only with Mobile
•  New contract period: Monthly

This change will happen on 04/09/2016.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi, I'm afraid that the issue here is the confusing email we sent, not what Openreach have done. Your fibre should have activated yesterday.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Really would be good if fibre started on some time today - September 6, 2016

Wan still not working. Only dsl working. This is not good

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The order is all showing as complete, can you try a disconnect/reconnect and let me know how the speeds are looking.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Tried disconnecting and restarting for the umpteenth time and WAN Wan't work but dsl does hence me being to come on here and write this using dsl NOT WAN

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Just flashing lights with WAN useless

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Could not even make a phone call using WAN socket. This experience is driving us insane. Bloody PlusNet [-Censored-] up. ONLY works in dsl just orange and red flashing light in WAN. Period. That's it.

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Here is the problem to be solved: We have had two lines at this address and what's happened is the other line has been fired up. I could not understand what the problem was so plugged a phone into the other line which had, until now, been stopped. Now its working again. So we have two dsl lines instead of one WAN line. Fantastic isn't it?

markrbalcombe
Grafter

You might as well know PlusNet thinks all is hunky dory. Well no it isn't. I been through the grinder with this and still am.

For the record commissioning team:

This is not going to happen is it? It's an absolute time wasting exercise. We have two lines and one dsl service the other God knows. What you are playing at there baffles me. Did I expect it to work after your Email? The answer is no. What I also don't like is having to go through the motions with the router resetting it changing from dsl back to WAN and so on. It really bugs me. From my standpoint it seems you guys are spitting in the wind