cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non start up

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Non start up

My fibre was supposed to start yesterday. On my account page it says it is but it isn't.  I have tried the router WAN/reset switched off and on etc does not work. Only works dsl. Why is everything such hard work these days. If I  hadn't made the effort to come and "chat" I would be paying for ever for a service I am not receiving.

What's more went on chat this am and was simply cut off just as I posted two notes.

Now on the phone.....let's see where it goes.

27 REPLIES 27
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Re: Non start up

So have now been told the service has started September 4, 2016 when it didn't and still hasn't.

It may not even start today September 5, 2016 yet my contract says it has so PlusNet has already broken its contract. Great...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,

As I assumed before finding your account it's just the case that whilst the order is due today, it's not gone through yet.

It should become active before midnight.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
markrbalcombe
Grafter

No correct you again the order was due yesterday - September 4, 2016

NeilMcEachran
Hooked

I got an email this morning saying "Your broadband product change is now complete", and my account has moved to "Unlimited Fibre"

This would all be excellent, if anyone had actually turned up to install the fibre, or contacted me to arrange to install the fibre.

There's no online chat available right now to talk to support, and there's a half hour wait if you phone them.  No-one answers the comments I put on the open question on my account.  I've been paying for plus.net for fifteen years or so now and the support used to be really good.  what's happening to plus.net?

dnpark38
Rising Star

I had to do every thing myself is there a reason you are expecting someone at your home?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Biggest hassle is the Email saying everything is up and running and you are being billed accordingly. Trouble is it wasn't and isn't up and running. The technical services/commissioning guy rode rough shod through my complaint with the what was I on about it will be working at some point approach. inferring I was lucky to have it at all and didn't really give a fig for the actual start date. God what customer care!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@markrbalcombe wrote:

No correct you again the order was due yesterday - September 4, 2016

The order is due for today, I'm not sure where we've told you it was yesterday?

Ah, I think it was because your package changed yesterday, on your invoice date. The order to change you to fibre is for today.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
markrbalcombe
Grafter

I definitely do not expect somebody to turn up here to answer one point.

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Here

Your call plan is changing

As requested, your call plan is changing.

•  New call plan: Line Only with Mobile
•  New contract period: Monthly

This change will happen on 04/09/2016.

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Note the date

Chris
Legend

Your call plan and package *has* changed from yesterday. The order to put you on fibre is due today.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Do you want a copy of that Email which caused the fuss.

Chris
Legend

@NeilMcEachran wrote:

I got an email this morning saying "Your broadband product change is now complete", and my account has moved to "Unlimited Fibre"

Your package on our system has changed in preparation for the order completing. This is due for the 16th September.

This would all be excellent, if anyone had actually turned up to install the fibre, or contacted me to arrange to install the fibre.

Can I ask where we've advised an engineer will be coming? Fibre activations are self-install, so once the order completes you should just plug the new router in and be good to go.

Chris
Legend

@markrbalcombe wrote:

Do you want a copy of that Email which caused the fuss.

Unfortunately I know which email it is, I'm sorry for the confusion but the order is due for today.