cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Receipt of Router

FIXED
Shackliffe

Non Receipt of Router

Today my Plusnet Phone line kicked in but I have still not received my Plus Net Router, as this is now a Bank Holiday weekend I will not have access to the Internet. As a a brand new Customer I would like to know if it is possible to set up an alternative router in the meantime.

4 REPLIES 4
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Non Receipt of Router

Welcome to the forums @Shackliffe

You also need to wait for the email and/or text that your Broadband is now ready too.

Anyway, this should help with using a non Plusnet router - broadband connection settings

(not all routers will work though)

Shackliffe

Thanks DS, but this means I still have no Broadband. The phone line is live, my old provider (Now TV) has cut off. So I have a nice Bank Holiday weekend to look forward to no Internet.  I appreciate your response and I will attempt to set up a old BT Router in the morning. What is most frustrating (as a new Customer) is that I keep getting directed to Chat and then find that there are no Chat Advisors available. If you are wondering how I'm doing this then thats because its being typed from a friends house 🙂

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Fix

Thanks DS, but this means I still have no Broadband. The phone line is live, my old provider (Now TV) has cut off. So I have a nice Bank Holiday weekend to look forward to no Internet.

No problem, and welcome to Plusnet too - a subtle jab at Plusnet, but yes I totally understand just how frustrating this is. One would rightly assume once the phone is live then so should the BB part of it. Plusnet could well say it's their supplier (Openreach) whom have delayed it, but there are genuine reasons (as you're moving from LLU to BT's gear) for delays or indeed it could be an issue with Plusnets systems.

I appreciate your response and I will attempt to set up a old BT Router in the morning.

If you've opted for FTTC and that BT router is FTTC, then there should be no issues as it's simply the case of using your username and password in place of the BT ones (or an Openreach modem will get you out of bother if the router is not FTTC). Set the router up and leave it alone, then if the BB goes live the router should just start working. You'll know when as the flashing light should change colour (and stop flashing)

What is most frustrating (as a new Customer) is that I keep getting directed to Chat and then find that there are no Chat Advisors available.

I can honestly say that I've never even tried to use live chat, in part for the reason you've mentioned. These forums are actually the best place to be imho (and when the staff are working)

If you are wondering how I'm doing this then thats because its being typed from a friends house 🙂

Have a sleepover..... or move in until you get the message (though it's rare, some don't get the message, or they do and it still doesn't work).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see we've not ordered your new router in advance of your completion date on this occasion.

As @DS has advised it is possible to set up a 3rd party router with us using the guide he's linked to.

From our side I've manually sent your router for dispatch which we'll get to you as soon as we can.

We'll also email and text you within the next few hours or tomorrow morning at the latest to confirm that your broadband is ready to use. Currently your broadband order is not yet completed on our supplier systems.

Apologies for the inconvenience this had caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet