cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise margin dropping? why?

Sunzz
Grafter

Noise margin dropping? why?

Just had a power cut and the noise margin has switched over lolpower.jpgDoes anyone know why my noise margin is dropping? my maximum data rate on the upload was 7000+ and now its dropped to 6000?

noise margin.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Noise margin dropping? why?

Hi there,

We're not able to state why but the connection did drop which seemed to trigger the change in SNR and hence the profile. I can see it's changed back since.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sunzz
Grafter

I'm not sure what happened but apparently something happened an hour and a half ago, my rates have dropped even lower and im on an 80/20 profile Sad now getting 30 mb down 3.6 mb upload lol. was 50/6 last night but we have had some power cuts etc, iv rebooted my router and tried to resync but nothing Sad what should i do?dfhgdh.jpg

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Sunzz,

Mind dropping me a PM with your username if that's still a problem?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sunzz
Grafter

Just pmed you Smiley

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for the PM,

I can see straight away that up to a couple of days ago the connection was dropping out fairly frequently and that accounts for the recent DLM changes.

As it's been stable for 48 hours since I'm inclined to suggest that we monitor things for a few more days, let me know how you feel about that.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sunzz
Grafter

Thats cool Adam as i know DLM isnt plusnets faults nor is it in there control Smiley so how long does the connection need to be active for before it starts trying to up the speed again?

Sunzz
Grafter

Awwww it just dropped again! but we didnt have a power cut or anything like that :S i didnt even notice it went. kinda sucks when my estimates on a clean line which is what i have i believe, is 60 mb down lowest and 16.8 up lowest Saddroppedagain.jpgdroppedinternet.jpg