cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody Cares - Its with our "suppliers" response ..

mgshaw
Dabbler

Nobody Cares - Its with our "suppliers" response ..

Hi Forum 

I am just rolling into day 9 of no Internet or telephone over the Xmas period and most likely now well into January. So no streaming services or incoming calls etc etc 

Was promised daily updates but nobody bothers to update the ticket unless you chase @PlusnetHelp on Twitter. Apparently the fault is in a duct that requires council approval for traffic management due to where I live so I was wondering what the record number of days are for an outage as I think I may be on for a very long fault resolution as nobody in Plusnet really cares about expediting things.. I am constantly fobbed off with the "with our suppliers" quote and was told this was escalated but nobody has bothered contacting me via email, text or mobile .. I have to constantly chase for updates .. As of today they cant tell me if it will be next week, 2 weeks, a month, 6 months or a year before someone can crack on and resolve the issue .. appalling customer service and evidence that nobody is owning the outage .. 

I am also interested to find out from other customers what compensation to expect for this complete lack of Customer service ..  From some of the posts on the forum .. I am already think of ways to spend my £5 Plusnet voucher 🙂 

Seems that the conversations with the agents are positive but once the conversation is over .. there is very little execution on promises .. Plusnet are in no way "doing me proud" .. 

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Nobody Cares - Its with our "suppliers" response ..

Sorry to hear that. Sadly we can't expedite or speed up traffic management work.

Providing daily updates would simply mean that we're generally repeating the same update we've got.

The lead time for traffic management work before we receive an update is 5 working days.

Chasing this up with our suppliers prior to this doesn't achieve anything I'm afraid.

With that said, I can see your fault ticket 164648721 is with a team leader who has agreed to provide you with daily updates as you requested.

When the fault is resolved, we'll refund your downtime which means we'll provide a refund of the subscription charges you've paid us for the duration that the fault has been ongoing for and reported to us.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mgshaw
Dabbler

I have heard nothing from your "Team Leader" .. and you are telling me that you have no clue as to when you can even start to begin resolving the issue .. rather just hiding behind the 5 days stock response .. an update that says there is no update is the correct response and at least I know where I am ... not telling e anything is bad customer service .. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

The lead time for traffic management work before we receive an update is 5 working days.

If we had an update we'd happily pass the information on to you.

Whilst we'd love to respond to every fault ticket every day, it's not feasible I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

mgshaw Thanks for this I have added this to my twitter but as I'm being dealt with my problem for a long time, I will carry on with the website

I wont say anything now as I think they think I am a trouble maker.

Hope you get your sorted

Martin

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
mgshaw
Dabbler

Hi Martin .. 

Did you get sorted .. I am still waiting .. they promised and Engineer on Friday but nobody turned up so I had to chase them on Twitter when they told me that someone found out in Tuesday that the Engineer wouldn't be here until Monday. Nobody from Plusnet has touched my ticket since December 21st .. Apparently the ticket was being owned by [CSA Removed] .. but I guess this was just a fob off as I haven't heard from him or anyone from Plusnet apart from the Twitter fed where they have now stopped replying . 

Mark 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

No 

Good news our router stays on most of the time, but still having low speeds. it will be 8 weeks next week!  as after the 13th we will be taking it to the Ombudsman, I really don't want to do this but I suffer with very bad depression and do feel there is to many chiefs and not enough Indians that know what there doing,

I really am sorry to put this on your thread as Im so fed up with know one believing us. "that is just not me ether"

Please censer what you like I don't care, to the mod and staff

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
lazyblue
Hooked

Hi,
If it was with "the suppliers",then it probably was. Despite Plusnet hounding Openreach,it took BT 15 days to send an engineer out to me. Then nothing happened,then it took another 21 days for BT to sort it. I'm back on today after 36 days without broadband. Have had a useable line but we used to have those in 1993 too,unlike the broadband we depend on on a daily basis. Communications between BT companies works via e-chat windows and at snail pace. Yes,I had to do a lot of chasing,but it was clear from the start that BTOR were the ones dragging their heels and not fixing what they already knew was knackered in the cabinet.
Hope you get sorted and it doesn't take BTOR 36 days to do it!
lazyblue
Hooked

Sorry,I didn't read your post properly.

You've suffered way more than me.  During my own personal debacle I've been trying to wind a business up,get a job,do a tax return,order medicine,all without Internet access.  I too am in the mental health camp and really haven't needed this on top of everything else. It's such a drag.  My beef was purely with BT though,not Plusnet,although it can be hard sometimes to suppress the urge to shoot the messenger when they're your only portal into BT's hidden ear.

Hope it gets sorted for you...eventually 😉

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Sorry to hear that. I had similar issues years back near christmas time and was without internet/phone for months. Originally the rain caused the issue and the front path of my property needed digging up, So BT engineer arrived traced fault to underground joint. had to put request with council and 3rd party diggers to open up road. eventually diggers arrived made a hole until joint visible. Then BT engineer returned only to say hole was not deep enought to expose another joint, so had to apply for diggers again to drill lower to 6ft. So after diggers finally dug up to correct depth, Engineer jumped in and totally vanished in hole and used a umbrella to protect him from heavy rain. An hour or 2 later my whatsapp messages started to pop up on phone and I realised its all working. Then another wait for diggers to put everything back to normal in my front house.

This took months due to arranging engineers/diggers/council permission and once fault cleared back to diggers and clean up.

Stay strong buddy I hope this gives you some sort of rest to know your not alone.

P.S Please sort out your medical needs anyway possible. All the best 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@mgshaw I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of response you've had from the team leader, but it looks like you've since had a response and our suppliers have advised the fault has been resolved.

I understand your service still isn't working, so I've sent the fault report back to Openreach to further investigate.
I've also moved the ticket to my teams workflow so we can take ownership and keep an eye on this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mgshaw
Dabbler

Hi 

Nope .. this is a duct that is right outside my house and easy accessible by anyone...

So I am rolling now into day 21 and they have told me that the fault was resolved .. of course its not ,, so I tell them its not resolved and we now go full circle again .. they are telling me that they want so book an engineer meaning I have t take time off work for someone to come to my house to tell me the same thing they did on December 21st .. so basically they havent a clue whats going on .. nobody actually picks up the phone and speaks with Openreach .. or me .. and I am now back full circle to them sending out an engineer ,,, absolutely ludicrous and the worst service provider I have ever had ... 

mgshaw
Dabbler

Fault is not resolved and we are full circle with you having no clue as to when this will be resolved... tell me what your plan is to resolve this ludicrous situation 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As per my response to your ticket, we’ll need to arrange another engineer visit because as far as our suppliers are aware the fault has been fixed by an engineer and your line is testing clear.

I also tried to request they send out an engineer to investigate externally to double check things but sadly my request was declined.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mgshaw
Dabbler

So here we go .. heading into day 25 and still no service with a potential 4th engineer visit being planned ... Even after telling you that there was nobody in on Sunday morning you arranged an Engineer without briefing him that the fault was outside and underground. No access and no traffic management system so the engineer left .. so we go full circle ..