Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text message yet

mlavende
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

No text message yet

Hi,
can anybody tell me how late the text message to say "you've been upgraded to fibre" can arrive please?
I'm due to be upgraded today, I'll be leaving the office in an hour or so and would love to have fast fibre to play with when I get home.
At what point do I assume it's not happening and phone Plusnet to moan  Embarrassed
Thanks
-Mat
9 REPLIES 9
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: No text message yet

After 6pm
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Mat,
It was myself who placed this order, as this is a self-install it can be anytime up until midnight for the notification to get to us of the order being completed, the engineer should complete work by 6PM at the latest though as they work 8-6
Checking the order with Openreach it is still open but I'll be keeping an eye out for it completing to let you know hopefully sooner than the email getting to you
mlavende
Rising Star

Thanks Guys,
could be a late night while I wait then  Shocked
-Mat
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mat,
Just checked on things and as of 5 minutes ago a note was added to your order to state that the engineer has installed and tested the service, they haven't closed the order as complete yet as they'll run some automated tests but as the engineer has said all should be working I've done the change on your account our side, should be working right now
mlavende
Rising Star

Hi Paul,
yes, I noticed the guy there when I came home. Currently my modem says:
Profile    State              UP Speed          Down Speed      SNR Upstream    SNR Downstream
  17A        SHOWTIME 19999 (Kbps)      79995 (Kbps)      8 (dB)                    8 (dB)
But I seem to be getting about 18meg for both up and down using speedtest.net so am I still on an old profile perhaps?
Thanks
-Mat
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You'll need to drop the PPP session for it to update the speed you're getting, either disconnect the router for a minute or go into it and disconnect/'reconnect Smiley
mlavende
Rising Star

Hi Paul,
all sorted thanks. 75 down and 19 up - very pleased.
Thanks for all your help!
-Mat
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

And you have just about the fastest speed you could possibly have - congratulations - you must be very close to the cabinet.
mlavende
Rising Star

I can almost see the cabinet from our house  Grin