cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support after 26 hours

buggalugs

No support after 26 hours

Really disappointed with Plusnet Support. I have been waiting for help with a problem for the last 26 hours  Angry
I have just had Solar installed to our home and for whatever reason Plusnet Technical has the outgoing Port 8089 blocked. This is crucial to my energy company as my Inverter transmits it's generating statistics to an Online  Management System. These stats are what I am going to be paid by.
I have no idea as to why Plusnet would want to block my ports, probably some sort of security issues. No doubt when Tech Support gets of there @r$eS and responds they will say in typical Panto lyrics 'Oh No We're NOT' to where I will no doubt respond, 'OH YES YOU BLOOMIN ARE' !!
I fell that perhaps if they spent more time actually resolving support issues than playing plastic internet policemen we would probably have very little to complain about.
I am getting a bit too long in the tooth to persevere muppetry and rubbish service - PLUSNET EITHER SORT IT OR I'M LEAVING  Sad
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No support after 26 hours

Why do you think that they are specifically blocking ports
Which router are you using
As a first step disable the Plusnet Firewall and another thing - although it may not be relevant - check Safe Surf isn't turned on
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet Firewall: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall (I'm pretty sure this is on by default)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
buggalugs

I have been in IT for nearly 40 years and although I am retired and in receipt of my state pension things haven't changed that much. I have checked the Firewall settings and they are OFF. The only port I have open is Port 80 which I use for our security Cameras.
There is a free util called canyouseeme.org which tells me that port 80 is open but nothing else. The router I have is a Tn

WONDERS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME - Port 8089 is NOW OPEN - THANK YOU PLUSNET.......
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm pretty sure the firewall if off by default at least i have never had it on since being a member and haven't had to login to my account to disable it neither.