Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed increase after upgrade to fibre unlimited extra

FIXED
ratbert2
Hooked

No speed increase after upgrade to fibre unlimited extra

I've upgraded to extra, but am not really seeing any improvement in speed; 36/8.7 Mbps seems much the same as I had previously with the standard fibre unlimited service. I have raised a ticket but had no feed back so far. Dslchecker output is attached.

I'm not 100% sure I've read that correctly, but it seems to indicate that I should see better rates, mid to low 50's say, than I'm getting.

As it stands I may as well switch back to the standard package, but have less than 14 days now to do so.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No speed increase after upgrade to fibre unlimited extra

Fix

Hi @ratbert2 I'm sorry to see you've not had a speed increased following upgrading your fibre service. Unfortunately we hadn't put through the request to our suppliers, so I've arranged this now and I'd expect you to see higher speeds tomorrow. 

I've also added a reply onto your fault ticket you've raised Here and I'll retest your line tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ratbert2
Hooked

Okay, thanks for looking into it. I'll retest tomorrow.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ratbert2
Hooked

This morning I'm seeing approx 55/14 on speed tests, which is a clear improvement. This is well below average for the service of course (66), but is much closer to the max observed rates I saw on dslchecker and about what I expected.

I've seen a few posts here along the same lines, where no order was sent to BT for an upgrade. That's a shame for both customers and you.

Thanks for sorting it out though.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@ratbert2  But those speeds are in line with your lines expectation, as per your first post. You were never going to get 66!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @ratbert2 

I'm happy to see your speeds have increased. I think there's a bit of confusion with the average speed of 66mbps. This is the speed for our fibre extra package based on an average across our customer base.

For your line the estimated speed range is between 40mbps to 58.8mbps which would've been advised at the point of order and the confirmation email afterwards Here although it looks like the estimates you were advised were slightly lower at 36mbps to 53mbps. As they're estimates they can change at any time as they're the current expectations of your line.

Your minimum guaranteed speed at 31.8mbps won't change though for the duration of your contract term.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ratbert2
Hooked

Sorry, I obviously didn't explain clearly. I'm happy that my line is now running at its maximum potential and that my concern about no change in speeds has been fully addressed, case closed Smiley

I understand completely that 66mbps is a national average. I was only expressing my mild disappointment that my line is only capable of a speed about 10mbps below that average. It is a significant difference after all, but I also understand that there is nothing an ISP can do about that and I'm not expecting you to. I expect my line is just too long to do any better.

Sorry for the confusion.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification @ratbert2 

Cool, no problem. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet