cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed increase after switch to Fibre Extra

FIXED
Paul-S

No speed increase after switch to Fibre Extra

I switched from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra two weeks ago and my router still shows the current rate as 40000 kbps and max rate as 50201 kbps.

My homepage shows my contract as Fixed Price-Unlimited Fibre Extra but my product as Unlimited Fibre. 

The BT Wholesale Speedtest says my ip profile is 38.67 Mbps. 

The Plusnet Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.Current line speed:80 Mb

There is an unanswered question on my homepage about the billing system being down when the order was placed but I live chatted with customer support who said that my account has since been updated. 

I can see a similar post to mine about the order not going through to BT correctly so have I got the same problem?

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Re: No speed increase after switch to Fibre Extra

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds haven't increased since your upgrade.

After testing your line and checking your service on our suppliers systems you are provisioned on the correct product but your speeds appear to be restricted by what's known as DLM (Dynamic Line Management)

I've sent off a request for your line to be reset and this should go through in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Let us know if you haven't seen an increase after this time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
peppersandwich

Hi there,

I seem to be having the same problem as the original poster. Hope you can help!

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Hi @peppersandwich

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we've provisioned you on 80/20 Sad so I've manually placed an order to correct that which should go through tomorrow. Also upon testing your line we're detecting a potential line fault so I've reported that with our suppliers now for further investigation, though this may be a red herring and actually not impacting your service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Paul-S

Thanks, that’s done the job. My max and actual speeds now match. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
peppersandwich

Thanks for the quick reply. Will check see if anything changes tomorrow!

peppersandwich

Hi there. That seems to have done the trick thank you. I am getting 66mb down but my rate and max rate have a large gap. Could that be something to do with this suspected fault? The up rate is pretty much at cap. See numbers below.
Data Rate
66022 kbps
Max Rate
88264 kbps

To be honest if this is the max I can achieve I'm happy anyway!
Thanks for the help
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

There is for sure something up, going by the Max attainable rate of 88MB you should have no problems hitting the max that FTTC offers, get the fault looked at if not already and once it's fixed you should see the speed go to max. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've retested your line and we can't see any cause for why you're not getting the full speeds.

I'd recommend raising a fault here so we can investigate further and let us know once you've done this

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team