cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed change on fibre upgrade

DoubleIndemnity

No speed change on fibre upgrade

Hi all
I may be jumping the gun a little here, but as I've not had fibre before I don't know and would appreciate some advice.
We had an engineer around yesterday to install fibre (the slower of the two fibre packages) and although I was expecting some line speed fluctuation for a number of days the speedtest figures don't seem right to me.

This has been the same since yesterday and there has been no increase today. The download speed is the same as it was pre-fibre. Is this normal and can I expect improvement over the coming days?
3 REPLIES 3
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: No speed change on fibre upgrade

Have you tried logging into the router and selecting disconnect followed by connect to change your download "speed" (your upload is running normally)? What does it say for your current line speed (login required)?
Edit: Don't do anything to the modem, only the router.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
DoubleIndemnity

Thanks for the reply. Current line speed was showing as 2.7 as of last night however today it has increased to 77.
I've just disconnected and reconnected the router - and that does seem to have refreshed the download speed to 55mbps. Excellent news!
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

That's good news and.......
...welcome to the forum (belatedly Roll_eyes Cheesy )
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.