cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No spare connections available in cabinet

FIXED
rdllewellyn

No spare connections available in cabinet

So after checking over and over that I could be fibre in my area my order has been put on hold as there are no spare connections available in the local exchange cabinet. Is this not something the buyer should be made aware before an order is placed and they wait three whole weeks in vain?

Do I need to do anything to get on awaiting list be get Fibre or is this something Plusnet will handle? Not happy facing the prospect of paying £25 a month for a 1MB connection.

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: No spare connections available in cabinet

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note

Moved to Fibre board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dnpark38
Rising Star

As the cabinets are BT would you be best enquiring after Infinity?

Would be good to know what BT tend to do when cabinets are full do they install another in same location or better still a new one nearer the home?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Firstly, we will change your package to the ADSL one. I'll ensure you have the relevant acquisition discount (meaning you'll only really be paying for your phone).

I can't really give you a date for when the fibre will be available, but it'll be a case of restoring capacity in that cabinet.

@dnpark38 - When a cabinet is full, it's Openreach's obligation to either create more ports in the local cabinet, or free some capacity from the assets that are no longer in use. Installing an additional cabinet isn't really a financially viable move for them.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rdllewellyn

Thank you Matt for you response

I do appreciate that this is something beyond Plusnet's control and the above was just me venting.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hopefully it's resolved soon. Bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' situation at the moment.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet