Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after powercut

StingA
Grafter

No service after powercut

Hey
Power was off for around 15min, was back on by 16:30. Modem syncs and connects to cab but that's it. Sad
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No service after powercut

Hi Dan,
You've really had some bad luck with internet connectivity this year.
What does the ROUTER log report?  Have you checked to see if your PlusNet account details are still intact?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Dan, try logging into the router and click Disconnect if it's showing connected, wait 10 minutes then click Connect. If it's not showing as connected click Connect. If no joy with either of those, turn the Router off for just over an hour. When your power it up again, login and if need be click Connect. And if that's no good, get on the Phone or Chat and get them to check for stale sessions and raise a no authentication fault if none.
MelRocks
Grafter

@StingA
Hi there,
Unfortunately I'm struggling to find your account to run testing, could you DM your username across and I will get some testing run for you. Thanks.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mel,
Here's a real old ticket no for Dan - 94317991 - may be that will help you find his account?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@StingA
It looks like the connection came back on around 10pm.
Are you still seeing issues?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Ack so sorry I forgot to reply to this, I've been away for the weekend and completely forgot!
After the powercut I could sync to the cabinet but not get a pppoe session going.
I rang PNet support and spoke to a chap called Ali who was very knowledgeable and friendly, even though his shift had ended.
He explained that turning the router off for a few mins should clear down the connection as something was most likely stuck. He said in his experience its not an uncommon problem. - So what AO advised.
All I had tried was rebooting the router twice, I have never had to turn it off for a few mins before with ADSL, so I guess this is a quirk of FTTC?
- Operator experience 10/10
- Hold time 0/10. Nearly 90mins waiting to speak to someone... well its very embarrassing. I feel bad for the PNet phone staff that do a great job. It can't be easy having to try and speak to people who have been sat on hold that long. I do wonder what front line staff retention is like but I guess thats something that won't be disclosed. Wink I would pay more for a better service........ Kiss
Sorry again for not updating things here!
Dan
Edit: spelling
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
I am glad to hear the issue is now sorted.
Don't worry, we are definitely working on those call queues currently and will hopefully reduce this asap. Thanks.