cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router no BB

valbiswas

No router no BB

So the phone has switched, so has the broadband but Plusnet never bothered to send me the router until I called them. Now I'm left without internet which is essential for my smart devices and cloud. When I called, the joker simply blamed the plusnet automated system and apologised. I'm so disappointed on how PlusNet prides itself with customer care and this is the what I get on my first day. I now have to buy a 4G dongle out of my pocket to keep my devices connected for a fault that is not mine. The sad part is that I'm stuck with PlusNet on contract as the switch cleverly happens only after the cancellation date passes.  

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: No router no BB

Who was your previous ISP and was it Fibre broadband ? It's possible you may be able to use your existing router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@valbiswas , Welcome to the forum.

Let’s get this in perspective. Yes Plusnet have screwed up the sending of your router.You presumably knew the go live date, so you could have chased it earlier. The router will be sent out in the first class post so will arrive much quicker than cancellation would get you back on line.

In the meantime do you knew anyone who could loan you a router? Any non ISP offering or BT plus a few other ISP’s routers can be used. If you can find one then if you come back here with the model then advice on setting it up will be forthcoming.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

valbiswas

Yes, it's a learning and I will chase up well in advance when it comes to Plusnet services here on. Thanks.

valbiswas

Thanks @MisterW, I've borrowed a BT smartHub from the IT guys, will reset it and connect after I get back home from work tonight. Existing one is locked down and the provider has asked me to return it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@valbiswas  No problem. @Baldrick1  s guide to setting up the Smart Hub on PN is here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673 if you haven't already seen it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.