cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No progress on open tickets, was expecting a lot better than this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No progress on open tickets, was expecting a lot better than this.

Just what the subject says really. I called in on the 25th to have the issues on my lines fixed, but nothing has changed since the tickets were raised but there are references to test being carried out that would take up to 24H and by my watch that's expired. This is not good, I was not expecting this! 132380765, 132381047

Anyone got a stick?

10 REPLIES 10
Haybasha
Rising Star

Re: No progress on open tickets, was expecting a lot better than this.

You're not the only one, see my post here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Total-Lack-of-Customer-Service/td-p/1358113

Seems all you can do is vote with your feet as PlusNet just don't care and seem to have gone the same way as their BT handlers.

PlusNet: We'll do you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not so good, but I have no intention of going anywhere, the service I have had while being with Plusnet has been exceptional and leaves the other providers I've used in the past well and truly in the dust, so I am prepared to wait to see how things progress, before I start poking with my metaphorical stick.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Well best of luck but my issues started in February of this year  and after several Openreach visits costing me over £2000 in lost time when I had to stay in for them all they did was make my line even worse and further back in October when I renewed my contact and they even screwed that up putting me on a 40/10 service leaving me to constantly expedite them until it was corrected. Now PlusNet don't want to know at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah well maybe I'm expecting too much this time, as the last time I raised an issue the engineer was arranged in a matter of hours and he came out two days later and at that time fixed the issue. But it has since reared it's head again and need tended to.

But I have to admit your's does appear to be a bit of a saga, and with those speed I wouldn't be too happy either, I have two fibre lines for a reason and I want them operating the way they are intended to.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Openreach do not have Engineers, they are Technicians at best and in some cases hardly even trained.

Not one I've met can understand any of the graphs presented to them as evidence from DSLStats etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any reason as to why the BTOR Engineer didn't turn up, I's now after 18:00 so I'm not expecting him now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in this morning to be told that an engineer had appeared but only at the exchange where he apparently found a fault, but as his fix has not changed the state of the connection an engineer is due to call on me tomorrow morning. Which of course implies that an additional fault is expected to be found here. Which is really interesting as my lines are underground all the way to the exchange, they even pop up from the ground to the wall where the sockets are mounted.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

To cure a fault I had, my connection route from the cabinet was changed to the nearest junction (pit) and a new cable from there to the house. An extra 20m (negligible vs 4.3km to exchange, but +20% to the cabinet). The original cable "appeared" inside the house, the new to a box on the outside then to the master. The annoyance was the week delay between the change at the cabinet and "hole diggery", before installing the new cable/re-connecting us.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mmm, interesting @PeeGee. I hope they don't need to faff around like that here. The cable to the property is about 7 years old given the age of the build, but if it needs changing the so be it, if it fixes things then I'm happy.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous wrote:

Which is really interesting as my lines are underground all the way to the exchange, they even pop up from the ground to the wall where the sockets are mounted.

That's very common. Usually there are inspection chambers set in the pavement at various locations. Around my house they seem to occur every dozen properties. Mine used to get flooded occasionally.