cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

caro69
Dabbler

No internet

So I have no broadband at all for the last three days. Four days prior it was coming and going. On plusnets advice I am now in the test socket awaiting an engineer's visit. The first engineers visit was cancelled because openreach thought there wasn't a problem. I'm concerned the router is at fault. What happens if this is the case? Who pays the £65 charge?
1 REPLY 1
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Re: No internet

Hi @caro69,

I can see a new engineer is booked out for tomorrow morning and we've double checked this is the case so it won't get cancelled this time. Looking at the fault there should only be a slim chance of any charge passed to you, I'm not going to say you won't get charged because if the engineer went out and couldn't gain access, or found out you were running some dodgy extension cable, or that you took a sledgehammer to the socket and that was causing the fault - then that would be a chargeable visit. All engineers that are issued out are almost always chargeable to the ISP, it's just a case of if this is passed on by us in certain situations.

My honest answer is I don't think you have anything to worry about, looking at the testing you've done and that are logged on the account. Your router is in warranty also so if this was faulty and we haven't replaced it I don't think we can charge. 

Lets see what happens tomorrow. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team