Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet today

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: No internet today

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and may continue to cause throughout the week @Dangerjohn. Please let us know if you're continuing to experience issues once Friday has come and we'll be happy to follow up on this and look for any updates that may be available at the time.

As a slight side note, one thing I'd recommend doing is carrying out a factory reset on the router every now and then, as this may cause the connection to spring back to life once the suppliers believe they've resolved the MSO. That having been said, the next update is still estimated to come through on the 10th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

So, it came back on yesterday. Everyone happy yay!
I reset everything, Alexa, Sky box. I wake up this morning and its gone again. [-Censored-].
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Dangerjohn I probably won't be able to make much sense of them, but does your modem/router have any logs which may give us an idea of what is happening?

John
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

There's just a system log and that's 63 pages of this. All date stamped 01/01/2016

I just think whatever Openreach fixed yesterday broke during the night.

Like I said, some neighbours also had nothing for a week and it came back yesterday. Too early to find out if they've lost it again yetScreenshot_20211211-081716_Chrome.jpg

jab1
Legend

'As I suspected - no useful/readable information but one point I note - it hasn't picked up the correct time (01.01.2016 @0028) which suggest the connection has only been 'up' 28 minutes, and if they are the latest entries, it appears you are still not properly connected.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Those are device DHCP IP address requests.

You could save the log file as a text file, much more readable.

You can correct the time look in Advanced >System Tools >Time settings

Either the basic tab or advanced tab should show details of your connection, you may need to scroll down to see them.

Dan.

jab1
Legend

Ooops, so they are @Dan_the_Van . Embarrassed

As a point of interest, why do hub manufacturers make it so difficult to obtain meaningful data easily these days?

John
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

This is where Openreach were yesterday. Doesn't lo20211211_085547.jpgok like they've finished. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Dangerjohn

I'm sorry to see you're still having connection issues.

Looks like your broadband reconnected back up just before 8am this morning.

Testing your line today is still showing a major service outage still so things may be intermittent until that's fully resolved.

We haven't been given a new estimated response time (12-12-2021 17:13:13) yet but we should do within 48 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

Yeah. It's been sketchy all weekend.
Came back Friday afternoon. Gone Saturday morning
Back Saturday afternoon. Gone Sunday morning.
Back late Sunday morning.... Still up now.
Small drop outs and lack of speed every now and then even when connected.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fingers crossed engineers are able to get the problem fully fixed for you soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

Aaaaaaand it's gone down again.
Getting a bit ridiculous now.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dangerjohn,

I'm really sorry to read about the issues you've been experiencing with your connection. I've tested the line this evening and whilst we can see the connection is down, the results aren't clear as to what's causing the fault. Please could you describe what the lights along the front of your router are doing at the moment, or post a picture of them here so that we can review this further?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

Hi there. My modem is an Archer Vr2800. This is the manual page for the light panel.

Only the power, wireless and LAN lights come on. The others don't even flash. Exactly the same as it was during the Openreach downtime.

Screenshot_20211221-110059_Samsung Notes.jpg

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Dangerjohn. Do you still have the router we sent you a while ago and if so, would you be able to set it up to see if there's any difference?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team