cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since switching to Plusnet

docmanhattan

No internet since switching to Plusnet

Since switching to Plusnet a week ago I've had no internet connection.

I spoke to tech support and after repeating troubleshooting steps several times they are sending out a replacement Hub One router.  In an attempt to get online sooner (without having to wait for new router to arrive) I went and bought a Netgear Nighthawk D7000v2 router.  Unfortunately this isn't working either, leading me to believe the router isn't the issue.

The Netgear DSL LED is white (which I understand means I must be getting some kind of DSL signal into my home) but the internet light remains amber.  I've tried both the manual setup and the setup wizard on my Netgear router and also entered, changed, updated my account password hoping something would start to sync up.  I am 100% my router settings are correct (and I've tried at several variations too).

Any ideas what else the issue could be?  I was previously with Sky and their (non-fibre) broadband worked fine on the same socket (this is the master socket) and I've also tried several different micro-filters.  It looks to me that it must be a problem at the Plusnet/cabinet end of things.  Can anyone from Plusnet do any further tests and post the results here please?  I'm sure that once the new Hub One arrives I will still have a problem and be without a service for another week or more.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No internet since switching to Plusnet

Sorry to hear that.

I'll update your account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
docmanhattan

Well, I got home this evening and the replacement Hub One router was waiting for me. I set it up and had exactly the same issue as with the previous one.

I phoned tech support again and after a bit of troubleshooting the helpful support guy was able to determine the request was reaching the cabinet but not going any further. He booked an engineer visit for Friday so hopefully I'll have internet for the weekend.

I'd just like to know why that level of troubleshooting couldn't have been done when I first called last week. I could have been streaming some Netflix tonight if it had.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

We have to cover the most likely causes first and anything that can avoid potential engineering charges for yourself before going down the route of an engineer visit. 

I do hope the engineer can help get this sorted tomorrow. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team