cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since internet outage on Saturday...

NRV618
Grafter

No internet since internet outage on Saturday...

Hi there,
I have had no internet at all following the outage on Saturday, and am without internet still right now.  They have been running "tests" on my line for the last 2 and a half days now... is this normal.? How many days does it take to run tests..?  Shocked Shocked
I have tried and done everything Plusnet have suggested without luck. 
Ticket No. 92936204 from Saturday states "We are currently performing tests on your broadband service which will allow us to investigate the problem you've reported.
Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours."  Huh
I was told yesterday it would be another 24 hours.  Sad
and I was told on the phone this morning that it could yet be another 24 to 36 hours without internet and still being charged for a service I am not receiving.  Angry Angry
Any help would be greatly appreciated..!
Cheers
Nelson

P.D. On a conversation with one of your colleagues he noticed that my Mum, to whom I had given one of my spare modems (without updating the modem with her PlusNet details "Still with my loggin details in it") had taken up my internet connection and that I needed to disconnect and update her modem with her details (Which I did).  Could it be that after the outage my Internet service was assigned to her  line instead of mine?Huh
7 REPLIES 7
AndyT
Grafter

Re: No internet since internet outage on Saturday...

Hi Nelson,
Thanks for your time on the phone this evening, please let us know if there is any problem following the engineer visit.
Andy
NRV618
Grafter

Hi Andy,
Following almost a week of internet downtime; having tried every single advice from the support team at PlusNet and a "No show" engineer visit,..  Undecided Undecided     today a very friendly and knowledgeable Openreach engineer came by and ran all the usual line tests showing a perfectly fine line but still no internet; a new modem was also part of the tests.  Shocked  
In the end the solution to my never ending "Concentrator not reached" problem was a "Port Reset" (not to be confused with an SNR reset). Cool
Despite the long wait and the unforeseen pitfalls of this issue, PlusNet came through with style and showing the due diligence and importance that a customer without internet for almost a week expects.
Looking forward to the usual solid and flawless service I had become accustomed to from PlusNet.
Thank you very much to all of you guys at PlusNet.  Wink Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: NRV618
P.D. On a conversation with one of your colleagues he noticed that my Mum, to whom I had given one of my spare modems (without updating the modem with her PlusNet details "Still with my loggin details in it") had taken up my internet connection and that I needed to disconnect and update her modem with her details (Which I did).  Could it be that after the outage my Internet service was assigned to her  line instead of mine??

If that router was one that auto configures the account and password, you just changing the login details is not sufficient. Plusnet need to remove the details of that router against your account from the TR069 database.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
NRV618
Grafter

As posted previously, internet is back up and running, and it was fine for a day or so.  Unfortunately the iternet speed has now dropped substantialy from what it was and the speed I should be getting. it seems to be limited to 40Mbit down for some reason and out of no where too, as it was fine and I moved nothing at all.
Another thing I do not understand is why my IP Profile is 77.42 Mbps when according to BT Availability checker I should be getting 80 Mbps no problems.
Please see attached images for your reference.
Thank you
Nelson Ruiz-Villegas
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

80 is the sync speed. The IP Profile is the maximum data rate taking in to account all the overheads.
What does https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed say for your current line speed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there
Your speed profile hadn't updated yet which will have been restricting your speeds.
I've increased this for you now to match the BT Profile so if you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect your connection your speeds should pick up.
Alternatively you can reboot the router which will have the same effect
If you're still having issues after this please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NRV618
Grafter

Hi Matthew,
Thank you very much for your prompt assistance; I did as advised but the connection speed was jumping all over the place with very brief glimpses of the speeds I was used to  Shocked :o.  After a few attempts at connecting and disconnecting the internet via the router, I decided to reboot the Openreach modem and that did the trick for me.  Cool Cool
I now have a stable connection in the download and upload speed regions I was used to.  Thank you very much again for your prompt assistance it is much appreciated.
Nelson