cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since Tuesday evening - help please !

FIXED
AJ1
Dabbler

No internet since Tuesday evening - help please !

we lost internet on Tuesday evening due to a local issue.  The whole village was impacted, the issue was fixed yesterday and everybody else now has internet back. Ours has not returned and we still have a red light on the router.  We’ve followed all the suggestions up to and including factory reset of router. The reset resulted in internet being restored for about 30 seconds but it then went back to red light and no internet.  I’ve tried the call centre and got message saying no calls being taken.  I’ve messaged on twitter and got the ‘we’ll get back to you when we can’ auto response. I’m a key worker which means I must continue to work and with no internet at home this means I now have to go back in to the office.  Any advice on how to get through to someone at Plusnet very very much appreciated. Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Re: No internet since Tuesday evening - help please !

@Gandalf is really good Smiley I'm sure he'll get to you as soon as he can or drop him a PM, he's great!! Smiley

AJ1
Dabbler

Thank you 🙏 

AJ1
Dabbler

Still no internet - have pm’d @Gandalf but nothing back yet and this is really causing problems now. Have logged on to router settings and it’s saying disconnected by user against the internet setting???  Did reset password (following the you tube vid ) and the new password is showing as the current one - is this part of the problem? Can anyone help please?

AJ1
Dabbler

And it’s not fixed - not sure what I’ve done to say accept fix 😕

Tags (1)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @AJ1 and apologies for the delayed response.

I've tested your line and I can't see any issues remotely.

From what we can see the Openreach modem is connected up okay so the issue may lie with the router

I've ordered you a new router to see if this resolves the issue.

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ1
Dabbler

Thank you

AJ1
Dabbler

Hi. We’ve had no contact about new router being dispatched other than an automated email on Saturday saying it had been ordered, we would get an email once despatched and it may take up to 5 days for it to arrive. Are you able to provide any update please as we’re already beyond a week now with no internet and based on the timings it looks like it going to go beyond 2 weeks. Thanks

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @AJ1, there's been some delay with router orders due to the bank holiday but these will hopefully be delivered in the next couple of days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ1
Dabbler

Hi. Router has just arrived 🙂🙂.  Just skimming through the instructions (will aim to try and set up later on) but can see there are some gaps. For example we currently have an Openreach box that is also connected into our current router, the set up instructions for the new one don’t mention that at all. Also - though it says don’t need to connect via Ethernet cable - later on it refers back to needing to have done that. I don’t have laptop or desk top computer to do this from. Is it possible to arrange a call from someone to support as we try to set up please?

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Fix

Hi @AJ1, the Hub One router doesn't need the Openreach modem to function as this has a modem built in already. It just needs plugging directly into the telephone socket as advised in the instructions. As for the ethernet cable, these should only been needed if you want to plug any devices in via ethernet cable. Happy to get in touch though, drop me a PM when you're able to go through everything.

Will
 Plusnet Help Team