cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet over 1 month

saifur
Dabbler

No internet over 1 month

To continue on from http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137574.0.html - engineer arrived and could not find the line that was only installed 10 days ago.
There is a dial tone, but could not find the line at the cabinet.
It was a sub contractor, who said he was paid by the job and could not spend too long on it.
PlusNet - is it about time this got escalated?
18 REPLIES 18
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: No internet over 1 month

Hi CIF1,
I've been unable to locate your account via the typical means. Would you be able to PM me your account details so I can take a look?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
saifur
Dabbler

Thanks Matty - just sent you a PM.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that.
Well I've passed your account on to my colleague who is giving the hairdryer treatment now. I'll get him to call you back on your mobile.
I'm really sorry that you're not up and running today as we expected.  Embarrassed
Matty
saifur
Dabbler

Hello Matty - would you mind checking on the progress of this please?
I've just spoken to someone on the phone who's unable to speak to the expedite team and can't advise..
The person that called on Monday (23/03) said that OpenReach would be fixing the issue on the line Tuesday (24/03), and following that an engineer should be coming for the Fibre install today.
I've not had confirmation that the issue on the line has been fixed or whether the engineer has been booked for today, and don't know if I should be taking a days leave?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I think that you've had an update from our provisions this morning before I've had the chance to catch your thread. We're still waiting on Openreach to solve what the initial is, apologies for the delay.
Matty
saifur
Dabbler

Yes, I received a text.. Thanks.
Interestingly, I saw some engineers working on the cabinet today, spoke to them and it's for another job..  Huh
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well we were told it was on the E side, which means it's usually somewhere between the cab and the exchange. Maybe they were dealing with a problem affecting a bunch of users.
That being said, they could well have been doing a fresh provision for someone else. Either way we're in the process of contacting OR again on your behalf today.
saifur
Dabbler

Thanks for explaining Matty.
Received confusing text messages about Home Phone?? "Your Home Phone service is ready to use. Your phone number is 0203XXXXXXX".
The phone number on the text message is my OLD phone number. This 0203 number as far as I'm concerned is gone (updated friends, family and orgs).
The Phone and Fibre order with PlusNet is for a "NEW LINE" (as per thread linked in first post) and PlusNet have provided a new number starting with 0208XXXXXXX.
Fortunately, the new 0208 number is still active, and it hasn't gone back to the old one.. I would be very grateful if it remains that way.
----
So just to reiterate - my new Phone line with the phone number starting with 0208 works currently, and is fine - I cannot go back to the old 0203 number...
I just need the fibre put on this new line with the phone number starting with 0208..  Cry
----
I've also received an email which had a link to the "Home Phone Control Panel". When signing in, the control panel has the wrong number.. added attachment...  Sad
saifur
Dabbler

Good morning - is any news from the expedite team or open reach?
Also - is there any information about the text messages, email, stating the wrong phone number?
saifur
Dabbler

Any updates please?
Expedite team, when we spoke on Monday you promised this would be monitored daily and that I'd be updated daily also.
BTOR were supposed to fix the issue with the line on Tuesday and the Fibre would be fast tracked thereafter i.e. for Yesterday.
24-48 hour for a resolution was quoted, with updates promised to be provided along the way.
None of that from my perspective has happened.. I really need to know what's going on..
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I think we've been waiting for the order to go "committed" for you. I'm just having it chased to ensure there are no further exceptions which will cause problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
saifur
Dabbler

Many thanks Tony.
Just to confirm, this is for the Fibre order only?
The current phone line/number (0208980****) is fine and does not need changing.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's correct. I think my colleague has booked in an appointment for you now.
saifur
Dabbler

Open Reach engineer arrived and left without installing Fibre.
Apparently PlusNet have provided OpenReach with the wrong details?
The engineer could not find the line again?!? - The line they, themselves installed a couple of weeks ago???
What'd be the next port of call PlusNet?