Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for a week

FIXED
gwynedd
Grafter

No internet for a week

Just had a voicemail left on my mobile that due to ongoing engineering works, I will have no connection until Feb 8th.

I've had zero notice of this, it went off this morning. The last I heard was I would be off for 2 hours on the 14th Feb.

I find this unacceptable.

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No internet for a week

Hi there, 

I'm sorry to see this and that the schedule for the work has changed from what we originally advised. Without wanting to pass blame that seems to have changed in the updates we get from our suppliers so we will feed back on that. 

I'm going to see about requesting an expedite to the re-connection as whereas 2 hours of downtime isn't right or realistic (so I will be sending on feedback as per what we advised you on ticket 187027307) 7 days is too long for you to be without a connection. An expedite if accepted should get this resolved within 48 working hours instead. 

I'll make sure we update you further on ticket 186762240 ASAP. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwynedd
Grafter

Is there any update on this please? I spoke to customer services and they couldn't tell me anything.

Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry if the call didn't help. As I'm handing the issue I recommend keeping in touch with me directly through here. 

The service is still due to be connected today and can be at any time of day up until midnight, I'd expect it at some point this afternoon though. 

I'll check for updates again around 6pm as I'd expect some movement at least on this by then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwynedd
Grafter

Thanks for that, the phone line went off briefly about  an hour ago, so I thought something might be happening.

I will keep  checking .

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your patience, the service has now been activated so you should be able to get online. Can you check at your earliest convenience to make sure it's working please?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwynedd
Grafter

Just came back on.

Speedtest showing 35Mbps so a lot faster than before.

Looks like I've been moved to the closer cabinet, but Openreach says "Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: -
Technology: Pending - EO Line"

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

That's great! Don't worry about the exhange checker as that can take some time for such changes to be updated. The line has a new "circuit ID" which confirms that you've been moved to another PCP. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwynedd
Grafter

Well, after some openreach work this morning, my broadband is down again. I was notified it would be off for a while this morning, but whilst neighbours have had service restored, I haven't.

I called support, it will be 48 hours before it is investigated, so that's another weekend without service.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @gwynedd, thanks for your post.

On checking the account, a fault has developed with a piece of equipment within the exchange.

Please rest assured - when the fault is resolved, I'm more than happy to credit any downtime, as well as offering a suitable gesture of goodwill in recognition of the delays and inconvenience you've faced.

Please let me know when you're back online so that I'm able to action the above.