cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 5 weeks!!!!

Dannieleigh

No internet for 5 weeks!!!!

This is my last resort now.

I have been messed about for weeks now about a fault on my line, going in circles!! Engineers booked and cancelled, waiting for an engineer for 5 hours to be told it was never booked in.

When I call I'm just told the same thing every time to hard reset my router and log in - I've done that a thousand times IT DOES NOT WORK!!

Getting really frustrated and annoyed now.

Can someone on here PLEASE help me before I lose my mind!

My daughter hasn't even been able to do her own homework properly because of all this!!

All I'm getting told is it's an authentication issue and it gets sent to openreach who say the line is working and then plusnet make me reset and then over and over and over the same thing!!

Please can we just get this sorted before I take this higher!

Either fix my issue or cease my service and let me out of my contract!
8 REPLIES 8
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: No internet for 5 weeks!!!!

Hi @Dannieleigh,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I've taken a look into this one today and raised a response via the open fault ticket on the account, which can be viewed here. I hope that this helps, but if the fault persists then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @Dannieleigh as you do not have a broadband service, there is no point in asking for you to undertake any online checks. Guess your phone line service (as opposed to mobile phone) is OK and there is nothing obvious that is out of place because you would have mentioned it. 

Please remove the faceplate from your master socket and plug your Hub (+ filter) directly into your master socket. Wait 10 minutes for your Hub to settle down, then see if there is an internet connection (by wire or wireless). 

remove faceplate to reveal test socketremove faceplate to reveal test socket

If broadband service is restored, the fault is in your household phone wiring and your responsibility. If the broadband service is not restored, the fault is either external to your property, the master socket or the Hub, and this fault is not your responsibility. 

Please let this community know what happens. Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

Dannieleigh

I have done the above and nothing still!

Suppose I'll have to try and trust that an engineer may actually turn up! (Very doubtful of that!)

Really fed up now Sad
crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @Dannieleigh thanks for undertaking direct cable connection to the test socket and your update that your broadband service is still not working. Please clarify that the phone line service is working and that the broadband Hub is displaying a blue light. Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards. 

crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @TheMightyAJ it would seem that the open fault ticket process has not determined and fixed the fault. 

Can we impose on your good nature because this fault persists and you did volunteer to pick this back up for review as soon as possible? 

Thank you in anticipation.  Kind regards. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Dannieleigh,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this fault has caused you and for the length of time that it has been ongoing. From the engineer notes, it appears that the engineer was able to resolve this today and testing your line is now showing an active connection. Please let us know whether or not everything is working correctly on your side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Dannieleigh

Engineer came this afternoon, the connection had never been built in the first place so they had to build it and it is now working.

However I do hope I will be getting compensated for the time this has taken, all the phone calls I've had to make and wait on hold, the engineer bookings that kept being cancelled. The engineer told me that he should of been called out much sooner!

It's been a very stressful month!

I'm just glad it's all working now - got there eventually!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I tried to ring you to discuss this but wasn't able to get through. I am sorry for the problems you've had, and hopefully we can put this right. I'll update the open ticket on your account in a few minutes. If you could reply back to the ticket, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team