cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 5 days!

mrsnonny

No internet for 5 days!

I am pulling my hair out! Last Tues all was ok, wake up on weds with no internet. Router has a solid red light. I have called several times and had online chat this morning with no help. I am getting nowhere. Different responses make me wonder if anyone knows what to do. I have tried reconnecting router thru link they sent me, but that seems to apply to a different router than the one supplied. Fed up.
4 REPLIES 4
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: No internet for 5 days!

What is the model of the Plusnet router you are using?

If it has separately labelled 'Broadband/DSL' and 'Internet' LEDs on front panel, can you confirm the colours.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
mrsnonny

It's a sagem router supplied by plusnet. I have fibre and that modem is fine but router shows solid red for internet connection. I have been told today to wait another 72 hours as an engineer will look into it. My biggest niggle is after all the calls and online chat I have been given at least 5 different responses with no outcome.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Which Sagem router do you have?   There are two models.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

If you have the newer 'Hub One', it is a rebadged BT Home Hub 5.  More information about the 'Power' light and 'Broadband' lights can be found here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10282/~/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-hub-mean%3F

If you are looking for a response from Plusnet on this forum, you may have to wait until tomorrow for someone to read this thread when they are back in the office.

fwiw, you can try logging into 'Member's Centre' on Plusnet website, look for and click on 'View Your Questions' link to see if anything has been recorded there in past 7 days by any of the Plusnet operatives you have spoken to.

In the mean time, it would help to try and determine what the Sagem router thinks is wrong.  eg. is the broadband connection completely dead, or there is a connection but the router is refusing to log into the Plusnet network.  This will involve logging into the Sagem router.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
mrsnonny

All sorted now, Thanks to a lovely open reach man. Thanks Bill888 for trying to help. Online at last....