cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 10 days (but phone works)

Kme

No internet for 10 days (but phone works)

Hi,
I'm hoping an admin can possibly help me out here. I've been a customer for around 8 months with mostly no issues (occasional drop outs but nothing disastrous) until Thursday 8th of June when my internet just went off. I've contacted the PN support via the website but don't appear to be getting anywhere with them. I've been told they need to send an engineer out but I can't take time off work to wait in waiting for an engineer just to confirm what I already know, that the problem is external. My internet came back on a few days ago for about 2 hours before returning to being unable to connect, I did nothing to trigger either event. I'm convinced my broadband account has somehow been 'disconnected' or 'deactivated' within the PN system as when I log into my account (on my mobile phone) the page which shows your usage is empty saying that I either haven't been connected yet (or i've been disconnected!?) or the info has been reset as it is a new cycle and I should wait up to 4 hours for the info to update ( this has been the case for the past 10 days and I'm mid-cycle so clearly that isn't the case)

If ANYBODY has any insight into these events or an admin can look at my account I would be very grateful. At this point I'm seriously considering to cancelling my Direct debit and contract with PN as I'm not getting the service I'm paying for or any answers.

Thanks in advance.
Kev.
3 REPLIES 3
Kme

Re: No internet for 10 days (but phone works)

Just an additional note. I have just checked and now I have no dial tone on my phone and cannot ring out. When I call my home line my mobile rings but my landline does not.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! 😕
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

If a fault isn't detected externally, plusnet have no other option than booking an engineer visit with BTOR.

Unfortunately if you can't make yourself (or someone else) available you won't be getting it fixed. That would be the same with any other provider.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Kev,

I am sorry to hear of the time it's taking to fix your fault.

Your account hasn't been deactivated. I wouldn't worry about the fact you're unable to view your usage. It's a bit of a known problem around here for Unlimited packages.

Our suppliers have remotely performed a line test and they are unable to detect an issue. Whilst I appreciate the frustration a fault can cause, unfortunately to progress your fault with Openreach we need to arrange an engineer visit.

Having said that, have you tried any checks on your side? For example, a different phone handset or the test socket as explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet