cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

benwynnjones

No internet connection

I've not had an internet connection for almost three days now.

The issue began intermittently with the DSL dropping every hour or so but coming back (WiFi continued to work but no internet connection) and has steadily grown worse to the point where there is absolutely no connection at all. In the short periods where I did have a connection the speed was normal (i.e. fast).

The PlusNet supplied hub shows a red flashing "b" light continuously, although if I reboot the power light does go blue for a few seconds before going to red and showing the blinking "b". I have also tried with an older OpenReach VDSL modem and Airport Extreme but the DSL light just blinks continuously on the modem. I have used both of these setups on Plusnet connection in the past and had absolutely no issues. 

I've opened a ticket (#200115969) but have not had a response. I've also tried reaching out on Twitter and heard nothing back. I appreciate you're stretched at the moment but this is becoming quite critical for me as we need to be able to work from home.

4 REPLIES 4
benwynnjones

Re: No internet connection

This is very frustrating

benwynnjones

Four days with no internet and no response from Plusnet. I see others are getting help in their threads but not me?!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @benwynnjones and apologies for the delayed response. I'm sorry to see you've had no connection for days. I can see you've spoken with us this afternoon and we've booked an engineer to investigate this. 

Can you let us know how it goes? I'll also message/tweet you back shortly via Twitter.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Morning @benwynnjones I've checked back following the engineer visit and the engineer notes advise that they've identified an equipment fault at the cabinet (The green box in the road) so they've moved your line on to a different port.

I've tested your line now and the tests are showing your router is online now getting a download speed of 75mbps and an upload speed of 20mbps. If you have any further issues, please let us know.

I've refunded what you've paid over the days you've had no service and I've also made you an offer for a gesture of goodwill you can view and respond to by going Here.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet