Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

lokikali
Hooked

No internet connection

Greetings,

I was abruptly disconnected from the Internet earlier this evening and my attempts to resolve the problem by following the steps outlined in the hub manager and elsewhere were unsuccessful. I called plusnet and after spending longer than I would have liked on hold was told that the disruption is caused by BT undertaking work on the network. I'm told the disruption is expected to last until midnight but could last until morning.

I understand disruptions can occur but surely the information I gleaned after an hour on the phone could have been posted somewhere?

Is there any information about this disruption available, particularly how many users are affected?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: No internet connection

Nothing on the Plusnet status page:

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&%3fhelpheader=servicestatus

Downdetector may have some info about this under BT, nothing under Plusnet.

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/bt-british-telecom/archive

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello @lokikali

Sorry about the major service outage you've experienced. From checking your connection, things should be resolved now?

Let us know if you have any further issues

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fantastic, thanks for letting us know Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

I read the above as Plusnet DNS working ok

The routers DNS relay failing.

Have you tried a factory reset on the router, or even just a reboot?

lokikali
Hooked

Gandalf,

Yes, my internet connection is fine now. However I do have a current issue that remains unresolved.

What information can plusnet give me about the nature of the work that was being carried out by BT?

Does plusnet think it's reasonable for me to be on the phone for around an hour to be told that the fault is out of my or plusnet's control?

Finally, what is the point in forum rules if a user is allowed to spam and derail another user's thread?

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@lokikali wrote:
What information can plusnet give me about the nature of the work that was being carried out by BT?

The info we've received from testing your line at the time the MSO was active is in this ticket

@lokikali wrote:
Does plusnet think it's reasonable for me to be on the phone for around an hour to be told that the fault is out of my or plusnet's control?

Sorry about the wait times and for the inconvenience caused. We're continually trying to make changes to bring the queues down back to acceptable levels.

lokikali wrote:

Finally, what is the point in forum rules if a user is allowed to spam and derail another user's thread?

That's not for me to comment on I'm afraid. I have however flagged this up with our mods to see if we can split their responses to their own thread.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Andrew_Hardisty
Dabbler

Hi lokikali,

Sorry for taking over the thread you started. I mistakenly identified your issue as occurring at the same time as mine and perhaps being related. I glad your connection is also fine again now.

I have now located and read the rules.

Thanks to the mods for separating the threads and sorry for creating extra work.