cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection (amazon devices)

FIXED
krh1874

No internet connection (amazon devices)

This only started in the last few days, every hour or so my 'Firestick' and amazon 'echo show' disconnect and won't reconnect, everything else is fine (phone, computer etc). I tried rebooting them both but they still couldn't connect, I doubt if they're faulty, 2 separate devices disconnect at the exact same time every time, showing network as wifi connected, no internet connection. The only way to solve it is by switching off the Plusnet router, then switching it back on, then the devices connect just fine, only for an hour or so then the exact same thing happens, they both lose connection at the exact same time, and only a router reboot fixes it

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: No internet connection (amazon devices)

Fix

Are those devices using thev5ghz WiFi band ?

If so it might be worth posting in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/td-p/1696363

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

krh1874

Re: No internet connection (amazon devices)

That sorted it, I followed the instructions to turn off the router 5Ghz settings and the problem is gone 👍