cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection. Unable to contact customer support.

FIXED
ConstableSmith
Fixes: 1

No internet connection. Unable to contact customer support.

We're experiencing an issue with our broadband and have no internet connection. I've tried all the usual fixes and checks (turning it off and on again, checking the router settings etc.) but to no avail.

Is there anyway for me to report this fault and get it looked at? I've tried the support number (no answer) and the live chat is unavailable. I've also tried reaching out to the PlusNet help twitter account, but only recieved an automated response.

Thanks for your help!

9 REPLIES 9
PaulTinpot

Re: No internet connection. Unable to contact customer support.

Same. Was working fine then just bombed out.
creeve42
Hooked

I have the same problem - says username or password error, but router hasn't been touched for ages. Rebooted this morning, still the same.
PaulTinpot

My phone tells me there is an authentication error, but then goes to we page showing router with orange light information. My router is indeed illuminated a very useless orange!
ConstableSmith
Fixes: 1

Fix

Hi all,

Our connection just came back up. We didn't do anything else.

Hopefully yours does too!

For those who mentioned authentication issues - we have had no notifactions to say anything is wrong with our account or credentials, so I suspect this was a different issue.

creeve42
Hooked

A BT engineer has just arrived at my house (an hour after logging a fault!),. Seems as though another engineer was moving cables this morning, and disconnected and reconnected my line incorrectly. Engineer is fixing it at the local cab now,.
deepwellavenue

Hi

I am also having the same problems as ConstableSmith.

I upgraded my normal PlusNet Broadband to Fibre and received the router.  The router is showing RED and will not connect.

I have checked my phoneline and that works fine.  I have been trying to call you for 4 days now and getting disconnected.  My employer is now losing patience with me as I am meant to be working from home, but can't.  Since taking the upgrade I have not been able to do anything, yet you are also charging me for a service which does not work.

Please advise ASAP as I am dreading calling work again tomorrow to tell them I still have no connection

inverness

Hi, 

Did any of you manage to contact support? 

I have been trying for hours and the support phone number hangs up on me. The support chat line does not work. 

How do can you report a fault (I have a PPP issue) ?

Thanks

Mav
Fixes: 514

@inverness you can report a fault here: https://faults.plus.net

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

inverness

Thanks for this. I am sitting still... Does it mean I am fearful? Wink

I have also tried this route multiple times but I have the following error:

There's been a problem

We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help.

Somehow the lines and chat to join plusnet work well with no wait time but they can t help in reaching support