cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet again

John40
Hooked

No internet again

Just had a openreach van working on the box down the street and now we have no internet.
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: No internet again

@John40 No internet? What lights are (or are not) on the Hub? Is your phone line working?

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @John40, I am really sorry for the problems caused since Openreach have been out working.

I have ran a test and it is detecting a phone line fault, so I have raised this for further investigation for you and created a fault ticket where you can monitor this here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220774315.

I'm truly sorry for the disruption caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
John40
Hooked

Internet gone down again at 1am still can't get it to work again. Trying to restart it all this morning but no response.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@John40 @LaurenB only raised the problem to BT/OR yesterday. They do not work weekends/bank holidays ( except for emergency cases), so the earliest this will be looked at properly will be Tuesday. Intermittent connection/disconnection is to be expected until the issue is resolved.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

If the problem is intermittent, than this has all the hallmarks of a bad / wet joint on the copper leg between the cabinet and the house.  Ringing the phone line from a mobile or making an out going call can bring about a temporary fix.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Please accept our apologies for the frustration caused here @John40

I've just reviewed the fault and can see that Openreach are scheduled to go out on 05/01/2022 to try and resolve it. The exte nded lead times are indeed due to working hours over the new year holiday.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
John40
Hooked

That's ok but I am paying for a service that is not working are openreach going to compensate for the down time.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @John40,

Openreach wouldn't compensate you for any downtime associated with this fault - that would be up to us Smiley Once things are back up and running, we'll be happy to review the case and see what compensation is needed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team