Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after power cut though blue light showing

FIXED
sylviesinc
Dabbler

No internet after power cut though blue light showing

"Sigh" oh the problems I have had since moving last November, although such friendly customer service when you do manage to get through to somebody!

Latest problem...we had a power cut last night which was categorised as LV and lasted just a couple of hours. This morning, although my router is happily showing a blue light, all the websites show ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. The Plusnet Hub opened and I did the troubleshooter so there is now a ticket and it is being investigated but I am very puzzled. My PC is W7 and old so does not do WiFi but I also have this laptop which has happily connected to my neighbour's WiFi. My smart TV told me that it was connected to Plusnet but then told me that there was no internet connection, however that also happily connects to my neighbour's WiFi, similarly my elderly Samsung smartphone will tell me it's connected to Plusnet but won't find any internet but will use my neighbour's Homeserve account, and happily surf the web 

I expect I'll have to wait for the engineers to do their thing but I'd love to hear if anyone has an explanation or even a simple solution. It cannot be anything at my end as everything is showing connected!

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No internet after power cut though blue light showing

@sylviesinc 

Assuming you have a Plusnet Hub have you tried doing a factory reset by pushing a paperclip or similar into the Hub reset hole and holding the switch closed for about 30 seconds? Note that it can take 10-15 minutes to come back to life.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sylviesinc
Dabbler

Thanks I have tried that and the router came back to blue but same problem...everything says I am connected but no websites will load!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Fix

@sylviesinc 

OK. Try logging in to your router by entering 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your browser and go to the Advanced Settings/Broadband/Internet page as shown below. This should show your router auto configured with your Plusnet Username with @plusdsl.net added to the end and Password. If the username is something like setup@plusdsl.net then remove the DSL cable from the router, put in the correct credentials then reconnect the DSL cable.

If that doesn't work make sure that your password is OK by logging in to the Member Centre.

Adv.Settings-Broadband-Internet.jpg

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sylviesinc
Dabbler

I think I did all that earlier when I went through the troubleshooting. I can't get into advanced settings now it states after a Red exclamation mark, "Sessions Number, No more than 100 sessions at a time are allowed. Please wait until open sessions expire"

sylviesinc
Dabbler

I can get into the advanced settings after leaving my router unplugged for a while and my username is indeed set as "setup@plusnetdsl.net" however it won't allow me to change anything and when I disconnect the dsl cable I just lose the page.

sylviesinc
Dabbler

THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH. This has been driving me demented. I finally found a place to change my username and password and it fixed the problem. You are so clever!!!