cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet access when TCP/IpV6 enabled on windows PC

tonycollinet
Grafter

No internet access when TCP/IpV6 enabled on windows PC

This is almost certainly a PC or internal network issue - just looking for help.
I have a PC connected via TP link power line units to the router. It refused to access the internet until I had disabled TCP/IP v6 in the network adapter settings. With that disabled it works fine. I can leave it that way - but I'd like to understand what is going on.
If V6 is enabled - I can still access internal network resources such as network drives.
4 REPLIES 4
Wrighty11
Grafter

Re: No internet access when TCP/IpV6 enabled on windows PC

Hey tonyAtplus,
Happy to hear you managed to sort it. I am aware of the same kind of issue with Mac OSX but no idea of why it happens.
I can only imagine it be due to our network not supporting IPV6 yet your computer might be trying to connect through it when the option is enabled, when it does it just wont let you get online until disabled.
tonycollinet
Grafter

I don't think it is that - because I only recently had this problem.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: Wrighty11
Hey tonyAtplus,
I am aware of the same kind of issue with Mac OSX but no idea of why it happens.

only with very few routers - one of which appears to be the new Sagecom one. You need IPv6 enabled in OS X for Airport Utility, for example.
never had this problem myself , though never used a PN router for wireless either Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tonycollinet
Grafter

I'll have a play some more over the weekend.